Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Front charging point / cigaratte lighter - fuse always blowing.
Alflavor

Front charging point / cigaratte lighter - fuse always blowing.

A year in to Evoque ownership and so far so good. I do have a problem with the front charging socket though, which I only use it for charging iphones on the move.

No matter what I use in there, after a month or so, the fuse pops.

I have tried about 5 different chargers now, and this always happens.

The charging socket in the armrest storage box has never had this issue.

I have spoken to the dealer once, but they said it was my chargers, and gave me a load of free fuses.

So, has anyone else had this problem?
08-02-2015 10:26pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bee

RE: Front charging point / cigaratte lighter - fuse always blowing.

no not a problem here

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
09-02-2015 05:05pm
Alflavor

(09-02-2015 05:05pm)bee Wrote:  no not a problem here

On top of of all this the thing broke down this morning, limp mode all the way to the dealer - left it there, they were about as enthusiastic as a monkey with aids with regards to fixing it. Still no call, so I can assume I won't get it back tonight.

And it's going back in two weeks for new bushes as it squeaks over the speedbumps.

It's not a car I will be coming back to, and to be honest I can't wait to get to the end of the PCP deal.
09-02-2015 05:47pm
bee

(09-02-2015 05:47pm)Alflavor Wrote:  On top of of all this the thing broke down this morning, limp mode all the way to the dealer - left it there, they were about as enthusiastic as a monkey with aids with regards to fixing it. Still no call, so I can assume I won't get it back tonight.

And it's going back in two weeks for new bushes as it squeaks over the speedbumps.

It's not a car I will be coming back to, and to be honest I can't wait to get to the end of the PCP deal.
looks like you have a rubbish dealer there. if there is an electrical fault on the charging point maybe the
computer has reacted and switched it into limp mode. I had gearbox failure warning a couple of times but ok now, just a bit worried cause the warranty is nearly out. good luck with the dealer, if not try another one.Confused

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
09-02-2015 05:55pm
Alflavor

Sorted now - they couldn't find anything specific, battery was low, so they topped that up, and installed 2 software updates, and could not replicate the fault again. So we shall see....!

Thanks
10-02-2015 09:49pm