Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
From Pure Tech to Dynamic - My thoughts
cjfp

RE: From Pure Tech to Dynamic - My thoughts

Speak for yourself Wink - my stop/start works fine (within the specc'd confines)

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
11-12-2013 06:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

(11-12-2013 06:54pm)cjfp Wrote:  Speak for yourself Wink - my stop/start works fine (within the specc'd confines)

Only joking, once I finally got the update it's been fine! Still got 2 years with little start/stop action!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
11-12-2013 11:12pm
m_101

Interesting insights. I love some of the things that you hate about the dynamic - and mine goes in dynamic quite a lot, especially when going down some twisty roads out of town on the way to work in the morning. I do really notice the difference in body roll, although I do also really notice the difference in ride comfort!
I'm really interested to see the redesigned roof console so if anyone could post up some pictures I'd like to see them!

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
11-12-2013 11:21pm
eddkawasaki

the stop start on a manual is disabled when in dynamic mode. if you can leave it in dynamic you don't have to remember to turn it off each time you start the car. Ok you have to put up with the slightly harsher ride and red lights though.

I quite like it to be honest although with a manual you still choose when it cuts in by selecting neutral and lifting the clutch I would imagine in an auto you don't get this choice and it might be a bit more intrusive then.

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel
Order Date: 14th May 2012
Build date: approx 5th Oct 2012
Delivery Date: Should be 22nd Oct
Actual delivery: 31st Oct

[Image: 151436.png]
12-12-2013 08:14am
PhilSkill

(12-12-2013 08:14am)eddkawasaki Wrote:  the stop start on a manual is disabled when in dynamic mode. if you can leave it in dynamic you don't have to remember to turn it off each time you start the car. Ok you have to put up with the slightly harsher ride and red lights though.

I quite like it to be honest although with a manual you still choose when it cuts in by selecting neutral and lifting the clutch I would imagine in an auto you don't get this choice and it might be a bit more intrusive then.

Certainly MY 12/13 Manual, Dynamic mode disables each time you start, which therefore means Eco SS re-enables each time, so you either have to Disable SS each time or Enable Dynamic each time.

But it's only a single button press and I even use the Eco button to control certain stop starts if I know the lights are about to change as I come to a stop.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2013 11:32am by PhilSkill.)
12-12-2013 11:31am
ChuckieB

(12-12-2013 11:31am)PhilSkill Wrote:  Certainly MY 12/13 Manual, Dynamic mode disables each time you start, which therefore means Eco SS re-enables each time, so you either have to Disable SS each time or Enable Dynamic each time.

Not sure I totally agree with you on that one, Phil. If I recall it holds some settings, including dynamic mode for a least some period after switch off. For longer periods then yes I would agree. Haven't directly checked but I am happy to be proved wrong!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
12-12-2013 04:22pm
eddkawasaki

i remember last year going to the shops in mine in GGS mode and it remembered this when i restarted the car. could be the same as the heated seats though where it will put them back on if its within a certain time frame.

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel
Order Date: 14th May 2012
Build date: approx 5th Oct 2012
Delivery Date: Should be 22nd Oct
Actual delivery: 31st Oct

[Image: 151436.png]
12-12-2013 05:16pm
MarkA_

From Pure Tech to Dynamic - My thoughts

You mention better graphics on sat nav. Is it a lot better or just a little bit?

Now: MY14 Dynamic Mauritius Blue/Contrast Pano, IP, BP, PIP, Powered Tailgate, IncontrolR+S, etc.
History: '08 BMW 123d MSport Coupe, '01 Mini Cooper, '91 BMW 316i, '96 Mitsubishi FTO, '96 Mazda 323, '88 Holden Camira
12-12-2013 10:13pm
PhilSkill

(12-12-2013 04:22pm)ChuckieB Wrote:  Not sure I totally agree with you on that one, Phil. If I recall it holds some settings, including dynamic mode for a least some period after switch off. For longer periods then yes I would agree. Haven't directly checked but I am happy to be proved wrong!

Theres a delay of about 2 minutes after switch off before the car powers down, I proved this with a LED usb light, so maybe if that doesnt trip the modes may stay selected, but mine always goes back to standard mode, maybe later ones are different?

13-12-2013 01:17am
Evogirl

Love my Pure Tech but have been enticed by the 9 speed auto following a cracking test drive in an Evoque in Dynamic spec. Duly place an order on Wednesday for a 5 door Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 in Firenze red with black contrast roof and verve interior. Just waiting on a build date now....obviously JLR are doing something right as a few people are upgrading to a new car.
(This post was last modified: 31-01-2014 11:10am by Evogirl.)
31-01-2014 11:10am