Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Freshened up my hood vents
PJRange

Freshened up my hood vents

I always wanted the hood vents to stand out on my Dynamic Coupe and the only chrome hood vents I could find were the dummy ones. So I got a little creative and took off my OEM hood vents which is easy to do. Taped off the outer edge that says Range Rover, so just the mesh inlay is all u can see. I then primed the inlay with cheap spray paint, let it dry, then hit it with a couple layers of Metallic Chrome spray paint and let it dry. It was simple took me probably 45 mins total, would have took longer but I dried the spray paint with my heat gun for debadging. I did this back in July 2015, and they have stood the test of time now being Feb 2016 through a New England winter. Here is a couple pics. It's not for everyone but I like that they stand out a bit.

Another shot

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2016 08:49am by PJRange.)
11-02-2016 08:47am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nickj

RE: Freshened up my hood vents

Looks like you've done a good job there. Helps the vents stand out against all the black.

Car looks smart. Whats wheels you running and what sizes?
11-02-2016 09:07pm
PJRange

RE: Freshened up my hood vents

I found these wheels on EBay back in 2013. They are replica wheels that I believe they used on the RR Sport but a company produced them in the Evoque bolt pattern. I got a kick out of it when they started to produce them last year directly from the factory in a 20" on the evoques because I already had them in 22"s for two years. Glad you like my RR, I've had a lot of cars and this car gets more compliments than any, I get at least 1 to 2 daily from young to old women and men.
19-02-2016 08:12pm