Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Forensic Fieldwork market research company
Teetree

Received an email last Fri from these guys and they said ,
"Forensic Fieldwork is a market research company which has been commissioned by Jaguar Land Rover to conduct a series of informal focus group research sessions with drivers of Jaguar Land Rover vehicles at a venue in Stockport on Tuesday 30th April and Wednesday 1st May.

The purpose of the event is to receive your input regarding the development of future car products focusing on car accessories and their features and I am confident you will find the experience both informative and enjoyable.

The focus group will last for up to 2 hours and we are offering participants £75 for their time and to help cover any travel expenses. Alternatively this amount can be donated to a charity of your choice and a receipt of this transaction sent to you. There is free parking at the venue and we will also be serving light refreshments."

Anyone had similar email?
Are these guys legit? Worth popping down for 75 quid?
They said they won't try to sell anything and everything is in accordance with te marketing research code of conduct etc.

Fuji Pure SD4 Auto 5door, powered tailgate, front sensors, rear camera , pano roof, heated steering wheel, front fogs, xenons, spare wheel, 19" diamond turned alloys
29-04-2013 12:07pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Forensic Fieldwork market research company

Go for it, you can have some (tiny!) influence on product quality, specifications and options. I have completed several on-line JLR new product surveys.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
29-04-2013 12:57pm
RacingSnake

I went to this event last month (see my "LR event?" thread).

Well worth it, definitely go.

There are 2 types of groups, 1 focus group, and 1 research group, the research group walks around with some questionnaire on a tablet, the focus group sits around and has a long chat before going out to see the cars.

I was in the focus group, and it seems this was the better group to be in.

It is all filmed and recorded for internal review, so if you're camera shy it's not for you.

But I found it really interesting! Smile

Oh, and it's not a sales event, so there is no sales pushing going on at all.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
(This post was last modified: 29-04-2013 01:08pm by RacingSnake.)
29-04-2013 01:06pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Teetree

Cool. Have booked it for my wife she ll be popping down on Wed as ill be at work. They asked her on the phone when booking what extra options we took out on the car and the guy seemed quite pleased when my wife told him particularly the heated steering wheel.
She s got a few improvements of her own she ll mention I'm sure
29-04-2013 01:58pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

(29-04-2013 01:58pm)Teetree Wrote:  She s got a few improvements of her own she ll mention I'm sure

Illuminated lippy holder, handbag hook in the footwell....................

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
29-04-2013 02:25pm
recordman

TeeTree, please ask your wife to ask them to install a Nespresso machine on the next version! Hate going anywhere without mine.

2013 SD4 Prestige auto/5dr/OG/Fuji pano roof
29-04-2013 02:26pm
scalle

please ask if the fobs can be linked to the memory seats,
as in other cars!!!

thx

RRE TD4 Prestige 4WD AUT, santorini black, element interior, tech pack, cold climate pack, pano roof, privacy glass, brushed alu, auto high beam assist, airco vents rear, auto dim mirror, camera, home link, 20" style 7, 18" spare, debugged, roof rails,replaced side vents, grille in glossy black and center cap wheels with RR, black lettering
Also stunning Fiat 500 Cabrio GUCCI edition, black/gold metallic, and red Fiat Panda 1992 selecta (var. transmission).
29-04-2013 06:43pm
RacingSnake

Just for clarity, it's not for suggestions for improvements to the current model! Wink

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
29-04-2013 07:02pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Teetree

Not bad suggestions Tim and Im sure the lippy holder and handbag hook would already be at the top of the list. As for the Nespresso, can these make iced-coffees? as she s really into those at the moment! :) Would nicely replace the flimsy glove box?!
And RacingSnake, I see you ve divulged your experiences at these research sessions? You were very vague with the details in your original thread :)
she's booked in for an evening session in a group of eight. Will be interesting to see how it goes.
29-04-2013 08:52pm
RacingSnake

no-one 'bit' at my last thread.Sad
but I've held back the important stuff Wink which you'll find out when you (or your wife) attends.

29-04-2013 09:41pm