Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
For Sale tailgate dog guard
hussar10a

tailgate dog guard

My Guardsman bespoke evoque tailgate dog guard will be up for sale sometime in the next 2 months. These are bespoke manufactured by Athag who manufacture the OEM rear seat dog guards for Land Rover(and hence aren't allowed to sell you one of those !). Mine is powder coated black with the 2" mesh so rear visibility isn't too badly compromised. The door is of the drop down lower flap type which rests on, and therefore protects, the rear bumper. I have been hugely impressed with the fit, finish and usefulness of this guard. An absolute godsend for evoque owners with a power tailgate as the dog remains safely inside the boot as it opens. I've used it for 19 months and it remains unmarked and completely squeak/rattle free (even off-road). Takes 5 minutes to fit or remove, leaves the interior unmarked and requires no drilling. Cost £315, would like £225. South East coast based, will deliver (and fit if you'd like) to a reasonable distance. Athag have recently closed their order books for bespoke manufacture of anything at all until further notice - possibly to clear back orders for the new RRS/ Discovery Sport guards ? I don't have an exact date for my new vehicle, but form an orderly queue and I'll contact you on a first come first served basis when I do !
(This post was last modified: 20-05-2015 02:53pm by hussar10a.)
18-05-2015 04:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Carj02

RE: tailgate dog guard

(18-05-2015 04:19pm)hussar10a Wrote:  My Guardsman bespoke evoque tailgate dog guard will be up for sale sometime in the next 2 months. These are bespoke manufactured by Athag who manufacture the OEM rear seat dog guards for Land Rover(and hence aren't allowed to sell you one of those !). Mine is powder coated black with the 2" mesh so rear visibility isn't too badly compromised. The door is of the drop down lower flap type which rests on, and therefore protects, the rear bumper. I have been hugely impressed with the fit, finish and usefulness of this guard. An absolute godsend for evoque owners with a power tailgate as the dog remains safely inside the boot as it opens. I've used it for 19 months and it remains unmarked and completely squeak/rattle free (even off-road). Takes 5 minutes to fit or remove, leaves the interior unmarked and requires no drilling. Cost £315, would like £225. South East coast based, will deliver (and fit if you'd like) to a reasonable distance. Athag have recently closed their order books for bespoke manufacture of anything at all until further notice - possibly to clear back orders for the new RRS/ Discovery Sport guards ? I don't have an exact date for my new vehicle, but form an orderly queue and I'll contact you on a first come first served basis when I do !

Will the tailgate fit a five door 2014 Evoque? If so could you please add me to the queue. Thank you.
24-05-2015 12:19pm
hussar10a

RE: tailgate dog guard

Sorry, forgot to mention which type of evoque ! Mines a 63 reg 5 door dynamic, so it'll fit yours I'm sure. You're first on the list - I'll contact you by email in a day or two to organise the fine details.
(This post was last modified: 25-05-2015 06:52am by hussar10a.)
25-05-2015 06:51am