Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
For Sale 2 x New OEM OSRAM Xenarc D3S Xenon Bulbs
dynamicgirl

2 x New OEM OSRAM Xenarc D3S Xenon Bulbs

Hi Folks, I recently bought a new set of VB Edition tinted headlights, but I decided before fitting them to swap the OEM Xenon bulbs over to a higher Kelvin temp of bulb, so I removed these standard bulbs from the headlights. They cost £150 each to purchase from Land Rover. They are the exact same bulbs as used in all Evoque Xenon application headlights and these would be ideal to keep handy as spares. It is always advised to change both bulbs at the same time (a very expensive thing to do!) as the colour of the Xenon light emitted changes over time. Please note that despite the price, these are the real deal genuine Osram Xenarc 66340 D3S bulbs with different serial numbers, not some cheap Chinese fakes.

They do have some scratches on the metal bases as they had to be removed from the bulb retainers and this was unavoidable. They are completely brand new and have never been used.

I am selling these for £50 for the pair plus £5 UK delivery.

Thanks for looking!

[Image: P1000752_zps1677e564.jpg]

[Image: P1000753_zpscf9159e6.jpg]

[Image: P1000754_zps93df513f.jpg]

Paula Smile xx
16-07-2013 11:56am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
superfox

RE: 2 x New OEM OSRAM Xenarc D3S Xenon Bulbs

I've got the same headlights coming in the next few weeks. What made you change the bulbs ? They seem awesome bright and white already Shocked is a better bulb available ?

FOX Rolling Eyes

Drive: 4 WHL R/H FULL TIME DRIVE CAB style: 3 DOOR Series: 2.0 GTDIS PETROL 3DR SERIES Transmission: 6 SPD AUTO TRANS AWF21AWD Engine: 2.0L 16V TIVCT T/C 240PS GAS Colour:SUMATRA BLACK Trim:SATIN BRUSHED METAL
16-07-2013 12:38pm
dynamicgirl

(16-07-2013 12:38pm)superfox Wrote:  I've got the same headlights coming in the next few weeks. What made you change the bulbs ? They seem awesome bright and white already Shocked is a better bulb available ?

Hi Superfox, the reason I had for changing the bulbs is that I checked out how my headlight bulbs look against the colour of my LED fogs and they have a little yellow tinge to them. I must say that I am a bit of a 'Xenon geek' and although most people would think the OEM lights look pure white, to me they have a bit of a yellow tinge to them on the outer fringes of the beam, which I'm not keen on. This is accentuated when the fogs are on at the same time as the Xenons, ..they look very yellow in comparison to the LED fogs, IMO. I bought some Osram 66340HBI bulbs (only available in OEM applications, not for sale on the general market). These are rated at 5000K colour temp, so a little whiter than the standard 4300K bulbs. The ones I bought had been removed from some brand new lights. I figured, the VB/Black Design Pack lights are tinted, so the standard bulbs aren't going to look any whiter in those. As I say, I am very OCD when it comes to car lighting, so most folks wouldn't notice any difference. Laughing
16-07-2013 12:58pm
superfox

Dynamic Girl

Sounds as if you've got the same OCD I have.

Example,

I spent a lot custom making my new interior LED lights that won't stress the OEM wiring but still achieve pure bright crisp white light. I hated the fact the glove box had an LED and not the rest ! I even got the little T5 sun visor lights converted to LED so not one bit of old incandescent yellow would shine ^_^

So I'm more then interested in your bulb swap as I agree looking at my lights tonight I can see the yellow halo around my xenons and now must have it removed. Are these the ones you've purchase ?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-NEW-OEM-OS...1039465509

Thanks for the help.

FOX Rolling Eyes

Drive: 4 WHL R/H FULL TIME DRIVE CAB style: 3 DOOR Series: 2.0 GTDIS PETROL 3DR SERIES Transmission: 6 SPD AUTO TRANS AWF21AWD Engine: 2.0L 16V TIVCT T/C 240PS GAS Colour:SUMATRA BLACK Trim:SATIN BRUSHED METAL
16-07-2013 01:17pm
dynamicgirl

Hi Fox, yes those are the ones. I would ideally have waited for an OEM manufacturer such as Osram or Philips to market a D3S bulb rated at 6000K, but I have only seen cheap fake Philips with 6000K so far. I only want to use OEM quality bulbs for obvious reasons. Hehe, good to meet another lighting freak! I just bought the OSRAM LED bulb kit from PowerfulUK for my interior lights. I too have swapped out my vanity mirror bulbs for LED T5's. It took me 3 attempts to find units small enough to fit in those little spaces, ..getting the little blighters back in was harder than getting them out! Very Happy xx
16-07-2013 01:30pm
superfox

Do you loose much light though with 5000K ? The eBay link I've supplied you'd recommend or is there a better supplier?

I had all my interior and exterior bulbs fabricated to specs by a China mob I've trusted for years. wasn't all that expensive just time consuming measuring the available space and power consumptions with best LED chips in the end I went all osram as they have a very similar white to the glove box and produce the best lumens to power consumption. The H16 indicators have to be spot on as they can trigger relay fast flashing or faults so I made sure they turned out to be a true 25w just as factory. Love LED and how it's so fast acting makes the indicators look more clean and sharp.

Any way I could go on but I've got to get back to the project ^_^

(16-07-2013 01:30pm)dynamicgirl Wrote:  Hi Fox, yes those are the ones. I would ideally have waited for an OEM manufacturer such as Osram or Philips to market a D3S bulb rated at 6000K, but I have only seen cheap fake Philips with 6000K so far. I only want to use OEM quality bulbs for obvious reasons. Hehe, good to meet another lighting freak! I just bought the OSRAM LED bulb kit from PowerfulUK for my interior lights. I too have swapped out my vanity mirror bulbs for LED T5's. It took me 3 attempts to find units small enough to fit in those little spaces, ..getting the little blighters back in was harder than getting them out! Very Happy xx

FOX Rolling Eyes

16-07-2013 01:41pm
dynamicgirl

The difference in light output between the 4300K's and 5000K's is negligible, ..in fact I didn't notice anything in terms of loss, but there will of course be some. I've had 6000K and 5000K in the past and been very happy with both, living out in the sticks I wouldn't dream of going any bluer than 6000K as it would make a difference to the output for sure. I bought Canbus H16's for the indicators and have had them fitted for a month or so now. The difference between standard incandescent bulbs and LED's s like night and day, ..I too love how sharply they blink on and off, not like the fading on and off of standard bulbs.

I paid £110 for the 2 OSRAM 66340HBI's I bought from a UK supplier, but since having bought them I have seen these which come with the bulb retainers needed for our cars already fitted, ..BONUS! Look at the price too? Might be worth contacting the seller to see how much they would take to send to Oz.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-OSRAM-xenarc...3f26ba7cb8

Place I bought mine from.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271222614936?s...1439.l2649

Paula Smile xx
16-07-2013 02:07pm