Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Passenger seat rattles
PapaRod

Passenger seat rattles

Had the RRE for almost 6 months now. Quite happy apart from a couple of alignment glitches so far...and as for today I realised the passenger side seat has à distinctive rattle to it while empty - Unfortunately it makes itseelf heard on each bump I pass. Anyone Else recognice this?

Pure SD, Fuji, TechPack 1, Clearview, Auto, Privacy, Park assist - now with a towbar...Very Happy
24-11-2012 12:50am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benzina

RE: Passenger seat rattles

Could be the seat belt buckle tapping against the hard plastic B pillar. Sometimes after a passenger gets outs, the buckle retracts and lands awkwardly in the small gap between the seat and B pillar. Worth a look.... i always check after a passengers been there.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 24-11-2012 11:53am by benzina.)
24-11-2012 03:27am
Stadt Panzer

Passenger seat rattles

It will be part of the wiring loom that's in the seat. Ask your dealer to take off the seat backing and reafix the cable. Takes 5 mins and rattle gone.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
24-11-2012 06:50am
PapaRod

RE: Passenger seat rattles

(24-11-2012 06:50am)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  It will be part of the wiring loom that's in the seat. Ask your dealer to take off the seat backing and reafix the cable. Takes 5 mins and rattle gone.

Sounds about right, not the buckle I verified. Will have to ask the dealer, only problem is the nearest shop is 1000km's away..Big Cry..it'll have to wait 'til service I guess.

Pure SD, Fuji, TechPack 1, Clearview, Auto, Privacy, Park assist - now with a towbar...Very Happy
24-11-2012 04:41pm