Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Foot brake ... Clunking noise?
IKM

RE: Foot brake ... Clunking noise?

(18-12-2011 09:41am)cjfp Wrote:  Not HDC, but hill start assist - not 100% sure of how/when it kicks in but when the brakes are applied, and u then take yr foot off the brake, the brakes are held on for a period so that the car doesn't roll when you are on a hill - maybe this is what u r hearing but I cannot tell you if it is functioning correctly or if u have an issue with it.
Thanks, that makes sense. I'll take the car out this morning and check.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
18-12-2011 11:11am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Foot brake ... Clunking noise?

Never had any form of clunk from the brakes and I'm very susceptible to clunks and noises, you can hear the EPB engage but that's a motor wind noise for a second or two and you know exactly when it will happen otherwise its smooth as anything on the brakes. Saying that I always release the EPB rarely leave it on and drive off, if you do you may get a bit of a clunk. I have noticed the hill start assist where the car does not roll with EPB off as I'm driving off, but I have also had the car roll immediately on removing the EPB with no brakes so don't know when exactly hill start engages.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
18-12-2011 08:00pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply