Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Folding Door Mirrors
xxxx5

Folding Door Mirrors

Does anyone kbnow if the electric folding door mirrors can be folded manual (via a switch) whilist inside the car? My reason for asking is that I note that the key will unfold / fold on open and locking the car, but whilist viewing the cars at GMEX I didnt see any button on the drivers side to manual move them, for example when you are trying to drive the car into the garage.

Thanks for your help / advice in advance.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
06-06-2011 10:48am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BFGEvoqueMan

RE: Folding Door Mirrors

(06-06-2011 10:48am)xxxx5 Wrote:  Does anyone kbnow if the electric folding door mirrors can be folded manual (via a switch) whilist inside the car? My reason for asking is that I note that the key will unfold / fold on open and locking the car, but whilist viewing the cars at GMEX I didnt see any button on the drivers side to manual move them, for example when you are trying to drive the car into the garage.

Thanks for your help / advice in advance.

Yes, just press the L and R buttons at the same time, just like the FL2!

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
06-06-2011 03:38pm
paulus599

(06-06-2011 03:38pm)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  Yes, just press the L and R buttons at the same time, just like the FL2!

That only works up to 70mph though, so depends on how fast you go into your garage! Smile

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
06-06-2011 04:01pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(06-06-2011 04:01pm)paulus599 Wrote:  
(06-06-2011 03:38pm)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  Yes, just press the L and R buttons at the same time, just like the FL2!

That only works up to 70mph though, so depends on how fast you go into your garage! Smile

Above this point the airbags take over!!!LaughingLaughingLaughing

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
06-06-2011 04:44pm
xxxx5

cheers guys. Very Happy

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
06-06-2011 04:52pm
paulus599

(06-06-2011 04:44pm)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  Above this point the airbags take over!!!LaughingLaughingLaughing

And if going in reverse the mirrors fold due to the rapid deceleration Banging Head

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
06-06-2011 04:54pm
VJD

Pushing the buttons to fold in the mirrors works to get them folded in, but they will automatically fold out again when you turn the car back on later. If you want to ensure that the folding mirrors do not unfold when you turn the car back on, then you should manually fold them in before parking, and manually fold them out again afterwards. I have had to do that in order to park very close to a wall on the passenger side, for example.

Delivered! 5 dr Dynamic manual Sd4 Colima Lime with pano roof, winter pack, tech pack.
06-02-2012 07:22pm
Firenze

(06-02-2012 07:22pm)VJD Wrote:  Pushing the buttons to fold in the mirrors works to get them folded in, but they will automatically fold out again when you turn the car back on later. If you want to ensure that the folding mirrors do not unfold when you turn the car back on, then you should manually fold them in before parking, and manually fold them out again afterwards. I have had to do that in order to park very close to a wall on the passenger side, for example.

When you say manually do you mean pushing them in with your hands? Would that damage the motors?

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
06-02-2012 08:04pm
rchrdleigh

If you fold the mirrors using the L and R buttons they should stay folded until such time as you next press the L and R buttons. Certainly on my Freelander I fold the mirrors using the buttons, drive into the garage, lock the vehicle and leave it. On return, i unlock the vehicle, drive out and then unfold the mirrors.
Manually folding the mirrors as in pushing them with your hands will not damage the motors but I find letting the motor do the work is better.
06-02-2012 08:46pm
VJD

Yes, by manually I mean pushing with your hands. Actually, I have to confess that I haven't tried it using the buttons. I sometimes have to park very close to a wall on the passenger side, so I asked my sales guy about it when I picked up the car, and he checked with the mechanics, who said that I should do it manually (pushing with the hand) to be sure that it wouldn't unfold when I didn't want it to. So the manual way definitely works, with no adverse effects on the mechanism as far as I can tell...but maybe I should try the other way too and see!

Delivered! 5 dr Dynamic manual Sd4 Colima Lime with pano roof, winter pack, tech pack.
06-02-2012 11:27pm