Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Flickering dip beam on adaptive headlights
Ricvifarho

Flickering dip beam on adaptive headlights

Hi folks,
My MY16 TD4 HSE has adaptive LED headlights. I am suffering from intermittent flickering of the LHS on dip, which I suspect is one of the two lamps flickering. I don't think it relates to bumpy roads, it seems to occur most often as the steering is centred after bends (it is not the separate cornering lamps going out!). Sometimes I can drive a mile without a flicker, then I get a series of 5 flickers in the next 100 yards! Distracting! In rural winter Aberdeenshire, many roads are pretty dark, so your lights are all you've got.

I assume that the dip beams are xenons -which are being steered, but that the LEDS are main only- there is a line of 4 lamps. Are the main LEDS being steered too?

Anyone else had this problem? About to go to the main stealer for its first MOT but they could not find a problem when I first reported it in the summer.

Cheers
Richard

#1...Prestige SD4, Firenze, manual, adaptive dynamics and xenons, pano, black rails...not much else
Del 1/3/12 ,59000 very enjoyable miles
#2...HSE Dynamic TD4180, March 2016, Firenze with Santorini roof, roof rails from #1, auto, adaptive dynamics, pano, adaptive LEDs...Meridian 380W..and heated steering wheel! This is Scotland after all!
14-01-2019 06:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EarlofEltham

RE: Flickering dip beam on adaptive headlights

If you have the adaptive headlights, they are all LED.

Mine flcker too, only at low speeds though and not noticeable enough for driving, I notice it mainly in car parks.

Other users have noticed the behaviour too.
29-01-2019 04:57am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply