Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Flat Battery - Again
Tony

RE: Flat Battery - Again

(06-02-2013 10:57am)Tosh Wrote:  Mine was serviced last week - having done 250 miles in 2 trips over the weekend so you'd think it would be charged

Went to start the car on Saturday and it was dead - I'd had a couple of low battery warnings previously but this was waay dead (oddly enough, just before the trip on the Sunday I'd had a stability control warning that would not clear - I shut the car down and restarted it and the message went away)

So the car is now on my battery conditioner - has been for a couple of days. I did wonder whether the service -doors open, stop start etc contributed to the low battery (even if the software was updated at the same time) and so I'll see what happens over the coming weeks

This is the 21st Century, battery should not go flat leaving the doors open whilst its serviced (2-3 hours max). Take it back, if mine freaks again I will go straight to LR HQ with the complaint.

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
06-02-2013 11:17am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shenley

Have joined the flat battery club.

Drove to the South of France (via Calais) about 860 mile trip.
Did a few short trips around the local area.
Saturday 9/2/13 at 06:30hrs local time....... got into our fully loaded Evoque......

Tick......Tick...... and the dash says - Low battery, Service, loads of other faults flashed up too, and the screen was showing Low Voltage.

Three hours waiting for a simple jump start through LR assist.
Had my own jump leads ..... but no-one around this time of year.

Oh, missed the ferry.

3 months old and just 2400 miles
10-02-2013 12:47pm
cjfp

This Evoque issue could be so much worse

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21710577

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21764282

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
13-03-2013 04:58pm
PhilSkill

(13-03-2013 04:58pm)cjfp Wrote:  This Evoque issue could be so much worse

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21710577

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21764282

Thankfully we don't run a lithium-ion battery... although we all carry one round in our pocket next to fragile parts...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
13-03-2013 05:04pm
scrannel

OK, one more, with passion: Diesel cars require greater cranking power. Cars shipped from factory with alternators not fully charging batteries. Each time battery called upon to start a 15.8:1 CR engine it gets the crap kicked out of it. PLUS... can NEVER recover because it's never getting fully recharged. Load test will show this is the case.

Solution: Get the alternator to full charge battery (software or better hardware) AND a fresh batter with HIGHER cranking power.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
13-03-2013 06:36pm
lesdon499

Took my car to MacRae and Dick Land Rover this week for this issue and a service. So service was £307 which I thought was fairly decent and they uploaded the software and replaced the battery.
Found them very good to deal with and hopefully thats it.......... Smile

Dynamic SD4 unbadged
Fuji White
Style 6 wheels
Panoramic roof
MassiveVery Happy
15-03-2013 12:46am