Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fitting a facelift front bumper
PhilSkill

RE: Fitting a facelift front bumper

Read my Thread on replacing the Xenon Ballast, full instructions/Pics on how to gain get 1 side of front bumper loosened for access

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Xenon-Headlight-Repair

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
20-06-2016 10:00am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PJRComputerSolutions

(20-06-2016 10:00am)PhilSkill Wrote:  Read my Thread on replacing the Xenon Ballast, full instructions/Pics on how to gain get 1 side of front bumper loosened for access

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Xenon-Headlight-Repair

Yep, Just Read it...

Basic steps

Remove front grille : remove 4 screw clips on top, pull forward from base towards outside.

Remove 2 headlight retaining screws on top, pull up release lever slide unit forwards, disconnect light connector, clip is on outer side needs to be pressed in as you pull.

Remove wheel, and release the plastic lower front arch trim, two metal screws underneath, 1 plastic screw clip underneath, pull away from arch to loosen 1 clip.

Remove front arch trim pulling away from arch from front edge to top.

Remove the wheel arch inner liner, 1 plastic screw clip in top of arch, 3 plastic push nuts on liner spin and pull to remove, unclip from arch and drop over the brake disc.

there are 2 metal screws on a plastic fitting bar joining the bumper to the wing, 10mm small nut driver undoes these then the bumper releases from the wing.

Now you can ease the front bumper down to release the headlight unit.

Offcar, 3 torx screw hold the ballast in place, unclip the 2 leads, and fit the new unit.

The Txt Highlighted in Blue, Was the Bit that I was unsure Off....So It's Not Just a Case Of Pulling on the Wheel Arch Trim? You Need to Remove Some Screws & Clips First.....?
20-06-2016 10:12am
PhilSkill

The Arch trim is just clipped it pulls off, the screw clip mentioned is attaching the Arch Liner to the bumper underneath the trim. the screws and clip are for the lower front arch trim section not the round bit. That bit at the bottom of the front of the bumper is a bit fiddly.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
(This post was last modified: 20-06-2016 11:23am by PhilSkill.)
20-06-2016 11:19am
PJRComputerSolutions

(20-06-2016 11:19am)PhilSkill Wrote:  The Arch trim is just clipped it pulls off, the screw clip mentioned is attaching the Arch Liner to the bumper underneath the trim. the screws and clip are for the lower front arch trim section not the round bit. That bit at the bottom of the front of the bumper is a bit fiddly.

Thanks Phil for Clearing Up the Confusion....
20-06-2016 01:27pm
PhilSkill

No problem, if you are just removing the arch liner I think you don't need to remove the lower arch trim, just unclip the first/front few clips of the curved arch trim.

20-06-2016 01:53pm
Rein

(17-06-2016 05:20pm)mikeyb78 Wrote:  i have just found a guy with 2 bumpers with the fog lamps if you want his number i can give it you

I might be interested

Blacked-out Evoque Cool

Santorini black, 5dr, dynamic, SD4 auto
Mods: My Evoque Topic
21-06-2016 05:01pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nickj

(21-06-2016 05:01pm)Rein Wrote:  I might be interested

Go for it Rein. A facelift bumper will suit your evoque, and remember to get the black pack fogs.
25-06-2016 10:20pm