Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fitting Of Roofrails.
fam1x

RE: Fitting Of Roofrails.

(10-02-2012 01:24am)gead Wrote:  Thanks fam1x. Did the finishing cover plates go on easily?

The finishing fit in fairly easily apart from one of the rear ones. Think that was my fault probably didnt remove the sponge on the back of it. I wasnt able to push it down to clip in.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
14-02-2012 05:49pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THEMACS

(14-02-2012 06:05am)gead Wrote:  just picked up a set of thule bars and bike carrier for the evoque. The bike carrier has been powder coated black to match everything else...works well with the rails...i have a gloss black roof box on order. I should be set for family holidays now Smile

[Image: 5e5eadf0.jpg]

a couple of better shots with the treadly on the roof....

[Image: DSC08072.jpg]

[Image: DSC08064.jpg]

[Image: DSC08076.jpg]

[Image: DSC08062.jpg]

Hope you remember to take the bike off before you reverse into the garageLaughing

It looks Very Nicei indeedVery Happy

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
14-02-2012 06:00pm
cutter7

Fitting Of Roofrails.

Those overhead cables? Look quite close to the handle bars!! Like the bike..

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

14-02-2012 08:32pm
martinPL

Roof rails (on pano roof) installed. Approx 1.5 hour. Fairly good fit. It was a bit of a task to insert the rear trim pieces but generally a very easy install. Definitely doable by anyone.
26-02-2012 07:04pm
PapaRod

Hi all, first post as I am about to get my RRE in a week. Apologies if the query has already been answered - ust couldn't find it anywhere.

My dealer claims that they need to dismount the interior roofing while assembling the roof bars. Now I read in the forum that some of you have done it in an hour or even less. So, my question is whether it can be done wiithout going hands-on on the interior, or if I would still have to do that?

Pure SD, Fuji, TechPack 1, Clearview, Auto, Privacy, Park assist - now with a towbar...Very Happy
26-02-2012 07:29pm
Coolbanana

(26-02-2012 07:29pm)PapaRod Wrote:  Hi all, first post as I am about to get my RRE in a week. Apologies if the query has already been answered - ust couldn't find it anywhere.

My dealer claims that they need to dismount the interior roofing while assembling the roof bars. Now I read in the forum that some of you have done it in an hour or even less. So, my question is whether it can be done wiithout going hands-on on the interior, or if I would still have to do that?

Nope, didn't touch the interior; the car has two bolts in each corner of the roof ready to receive the rails from above.

Not difficult at all.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
26-02-2012 07:56pm
PapaRod

(26-02-2012 07:56pm)Coolbanana Wrote:  Nope, didn't touch the interior; the car has two bolts in each corner of the roof ready to receive the rails from above.

Not difficult at all.

Thx. Can't for the world understand why the dealers seem reluctant to do this - the only reasonable explanation to why they exaggerate the workload...

Perhaps I'll be brave and do it myself...

Pure SD, Fuji, TechPack 1, Clearview, Auto, Privacy, Park assist - now with a towbar...Very Happy
26-02-2012 08:45pm
martinPL

(26-02-2012 08:45pm)PapaRod Wrote:  Thx. Can't for the world understand why the dealers seem reluctant to do this - the only reasonable explanation to why they exaggerate the workload...

Perhaps I'll be brave and do it myself...

No bravery needed. My main challenge was to remove the original trim and expose the 2 X 4 corner bolts - just leverage them and wiggle from side to side and you will remove both the covers as well as the attached base plastics at the same time. The main point is not to scratch the roof so do not use any objects but your hands. Once you have the bolts exposed its super easy. Cuba Libre or an alternative helps too Smile
27-02-2012 06:44am
mark_n

Plastic Pry Tools! That's what you need to remove the existing trim pieces. Don't under any circumstances use a screwdriver, you will mark the car where the screwdriver uses as a fulcrum. It's well worth buying a set off eBay, they cost just a few pounds.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
27-02-2012 07:47pm
Capital

(14-02-2012 03:11pm)ChuckieB Wrote:  That set of thule bars doesn't look quite like what we have on offer in Europe? Have yo got the no for the foot keyt at all please. The europe spec offers a rubber coated metal strap underneath to secure it?

Also how many bikes can you get on? LR suggest of you have their cross bars and bike carriers you can only get 2 to fit! am assuming they are thinking you wouldn't turn one of the extra racks round as it would spoil the aesthetics!

Thanks.

I have the same bars and will check the foot number tonight. They are not the ones with rubber coated strap as I looked at these but the guys at the shop recommended this after checking with the Australian Thule importers.

I can fit two bikes and a roof box or 4 bikes head to toe but need to use a step ladder to put the two middle bikes on.
27-02-2012 10:37pm