Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
First service - reset indicator?
tarbat

First service - reset indicator?

So, had my first service done at the Inverness dealer a couple of weeks ago, but noticed this morning that it has started displaying "Service Required" again. Is there a way for me to reset the service indicator, or can only a dealer do it? I'm reluctant to do the trip all the way to Inverness again just to get this reset.

Also, when I collected the paperwork after the service, dealer told me the service record is online. Any idea how I access it? Just want to check what was done in the service.

Thanks.

MY14 SD4 Pure Tech Auto/Coupe/Zanzibar/Pure Style Pack/Panoramic Roof/Power Tailgate
20-04-2015 04:35pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: First service - reset indicator?

There is a way to do the reset yourself using the hidden menus using the Valet mode access. If you search you will find the instructions on the forum.
I assume that your dealer is Macrae and Dick or Frank Ogg in Inverness. They are right BUT when I had mine seviced in March in Stirling the dealer gave me a printout of what was online. You could email them and ask them to download the service report as a PDF or hard copy and email/post it to you.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
20-04-2015 05:37pm
tarbat

RE: First service - reset indicator?

(20-04-2015 05:37pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  There is a way to do the reset yourself using the hidden menus using the Valet mode access. If you search you will find the instructions on the forum.
I assume that your dealer is Macrae and Dick or Frank Ogg in Inverness. They are right BUT when I had mine seviced in March in Stirling the dealer gave me a printout of what was online. You could email them and ask them to download the service report as a PDF or hard copy and email/post it to you.

Thanks. Yes, Macrae & Dick, and it's booked in next Thursday to have the service indicator reset. Dealer emailed the service record, although I've now got an OSH keycode and can access the online service history myself at http://osh.landrover.com

MY14 SD4 Pure Tech Auto/Coupe/Zanzibar/Pure Style Pack/Panoramic Roof/Power Tailgate
23-04-2015 06:39pm