Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
First bit of damage....how to clean headliner?
yucca

First bit of damage....how to clean headliner?

So at the weekend I took my father in-law for his first drive out in the Evoque and on the way back we stopped off somewhere and without my knowledge he stuffed a metre long lemon tree branch/cutting on the parcel shelf. This came as a shock when I got back in and noticed it in the rear view mirror. Anyway is hasn't ripped any of the headliner but it has marked it in 4 or 5 places with green lines from the buds.

I have the pure model with the light coloured head lining, any ideas on how best to clean this and with what?
Don't want to make it worse but can't sleep easy knowing it is there.
(This post was last modified: 21-03-2012 11:28am by yucca.)
21-03-2012 11:27am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spiderman

RE: First bit of damage....how to clean headliner?

In the UK there is a product called NAP Foam that most of the garages use to clean fabric interiors, but unless you know what you're doing you could make the stain/marks much worse.

I'd advise you speak with one of your local Premium or Luxury Car Dealerships and ask them to attend to this for you.

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
21-03-2012 11:52am
WB
WB

Autoglym interior cleaner is very good for cleaning headliners if you can get that in Spain
21-03-2012 12:29pm
broady43

Hot water with a drop of washing up liquid.I used that a few weeks ago to get rid of a mark on my roof liner( Honda CRV) and it left no mark.

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
21-03-2012 12:54pm
Donny Dog

Any suitably diluted detergent should do it, as long as you apply it using a clean lint-free cloth, ideally white, and don't re-use any soiled part of the cloth as you go. BUT - test it on the most unseen part of the same fabric first.
21-03-2012 01:07pm
xxxx5

(21-03-2012 12:54pm)broady43 Wrote:  Hot water with a drop of washing up liquid.I used that a few weeks ago to get rid of a mark on my roof liner( Honda CRV) and it left no mark.

+1, also this is why I ordered black headlining Laughing

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
21-03-2012 01:50pm
The Valeter

(21-03-2012 12:29pm)WB Wrote:  Autoglym interior cleaner is very good for cleaning headliners if you can get that in Spain

And if you can get it Autoglym Fabric Stain Remover (that is the trade name & I am not sure what the retail name is) but it works. Cabriolet hood cleaner is the same stuff too.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 21-03-2012 06:36pm by The Valeter.)
21-03-2012 06:35pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

Gtechniq W2 is another good option.
22-03-2012 01:09am
yucca

Thanks guys for your responses. I think I'll try as Donny Dog suggested on one of the smaller marks first and see how this goes before trying the professional stain removers.
22-03-2012 09:42am
Rootsboy

(22-03-2012 01:09am)WB Wrote:  Gtechniq W2 is another good option.

yes i agree, you can also order gtechniq from spain now, just do search for gtechniq spain the w2 is quite cheep really and as you can use it for so many things at different dilution rates, i have been using it on things certain around the house as i have found it so effective.
that and a micro fiber cloth is a powerful cleaning combo.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
23-03-2012 12:16pm