Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
First Trip Off Road (Colorado)
bluefang08

First Trip Off Road (Colorado)

Took the Rover off road and I must say it did better than I expected. Although the trail wasn't overly technical.

[Image: 8FhE040l.jpg?4]
[Image: hATDVowl.jpg]
[Image: eRelDJUl.jpg?3]
[Image: BFEtCXBl.jpg?1]
[Image: MUnTNX4l.jpg]
11-04-2014 06:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
buckiebabyrr

RE: First Trip Off Road (Colorado)

Must admit thats something i want to do this summer, getting the evoque offroad and seeing what it can do.

Car history so far......
2005 Vauxhall corsa sxi
2007 Vauxhall corsa vxr
2008 Vauxhall astra nurbergring vxr
2013 Ford focus st3
2014 Cool - MY2014 9 speed auto,Si4 engine,Dynamic,Fuji white,Santorini roof,Black design pack,Heated steering wheel,Lunar/ivory interior,Privacy glass
11-04-2014 09:22pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Then if you are in Scotland remember before you do to get the land owner's permission or just book a full day course at LRE Dunkeld (at least you don't have to wash the car afterwards and your own car will not suffer any damage at all!) Alternatively come along to a Scottish Green Road Club day and then you will have to wash it yourself and might even get some bramble rash. There are "pay and play" sites in Scotland (very few of them and generally not suited to Freelanders and Evoques). You are going to need an additional set of wheels regardless who/where you go offroad too Buckie - Black pack wheels would look horrible after a day in the ruts.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2014 09:45pm by XFullFatTim.)
11-04-2014 09:42pm
WhistlerDiscoveryTours

It looks like you got a little sand and dirt on your Evoque Very Happy

I am also interested in what the Evoque can do in the off road. I have extensive experience driving Land Rover Discovery III's in the off roads of BC Canada, Oregon, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, California etc. I have done a lot of modifications to my 2 - LR3's. But I was getting a bit tired of driving the LR3's after 6 years, and wanted a change. With the long trips I do as a Landscape photographer , the Evoque seemed like the right RR to do the job; I did not want a RR sport etc.

I have hit a stone wall after buying the Evoque in assuming I could get the after market parts to modify it to be a "little" more like a Rally Car. I did find H&R springs to lift it 1.2+. And some decent tires (Cooper Zeon LTZ) to add another inch. But it looks like the front (small) bull bar, roof rack for the oversized spare, and some skid plates will all have to be customized parts.

If anyone here on this Forum as any helpful information, please let me know. I feel the Evoque is a decent SUV to do some desert driving and light back road driving. It just needs some more ground clearance and underside protection Smile

2014 Evoque - Dynamic - Zanzibar - Black Design w/Roof - H&R +1.2 Springs - 275/45R20 Cooper Zeon LTZ Tires
2008 Discovery III - HSE - Black - Custom Steel Front End w/Winch / Roof Rack - 275/65R18 - Goodyear Duratrac 10E
2007 Discovery III - HSE - Silver - 275/65R18 - Goodyear Duratrac 10E
(This post was last modified: 14-07-2014 07:25am by WhistlerDiscoveryTours.)
14-07-2014 07:16am
XFullFatTim

WDT, yes unfortunately not even the usual suppliers Mantec have got any Evoque bits in their catalogue of off-road enhancements and expedition type roof racks. Interesting that you have found a Cooper tyre that will fit, I assume that they are 18" rather than 19's?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
14-07-2014 08:01am
WhistlerDiscoveryTours

(14-07-2014 08:01am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  WDT, yes unfortunately not even the usual suppliers Mantec have got any Evoque bits in their catalogue of off-road enhancements and expedition type roof racks. Interesting that you have found a Cooper tyre that will fit, I assume that they are 18" rather than 19's?

I saw on another Forum that a guy lifted his Evoque 2" and went with pure sport tire 275/45R20. The Copper Zeon LTZ comes in that size. I just ordered them and the H&R springs, and hope that all goes well. There should be no rubbing. I just hope that the larger tire diameter does not effect any of the advanced electronic systems. I have used oversized tires on my 2007 & 2008 LR3's with minor issues.

I was going to add a photo of my LR3, but not sure how to paste a photo in the text area?

2014 Evoque - Dynamic - Zanzibar - Black Design w/Roof - H&R +1.2 Springs - 275/45R20 Cooper Zeon LTZ Tires
2008 Discovery III - HSE - Black - Custom Steel Front End w/Winch / Roof Rack - 275/65R18 - Goodyear Duratrac 10E
2007 Discovery III - HSE - Silver - 275/65R18 - Goodyear Duratrac 10E
(This post was last modified: 14-07-2014 08:57am by WhistlerDiscoveryTours.)
14-07-2014 08:25am
XFullFatTim

Photos are best added using a hosting site like photobucket. The add attachments seems only to be able to handle smallish files

14-07-2014 09:28am
J. Dub

Great pics. Thanks for sharing. Also I'm in america as well. Cheers

In memory of Robert E. Flynn
09-09-2016 07:34pm