Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Firenze MY14 Pure Auto order (and help please)
rowleyd3

Firenze MY14 Pure Auto order (and help please)

Hi,

just about to order our first Evoque and would like an opinion on what we're planning for the spec. The Tech and Style packs have things which we're not bothered about, so we decided to go totally bespoke and just order stuff we'd like. We have 2 young kids (hence the rear climate vents and heated rear seats, and my wife gets cold hands Smile ). Its a family car that will need to tow our caravan occasionally.

2014 Pure Auto (9spd)
Firenze
Black Contrast Roof
Ebony leather
front fogs (looks mainly)
Meridian 825W upgrade (for me !!)
electric mirrors with heating /puddle lights (sometimes have to go through small gaps)
Pano roof
Privacy glass
Adaptive Xenons
Front/Rear heated seats
Heated steering wheel
Front parking
Keyless entry / start
Rear climate vents
Power tailgate
Driver shifter upgrade
Leather drive select top cover
mats
mudflaps
Cost - 39048 (minus the approx £3k discount we've managed to get)

Aftermarket TowTrust towbar, electrics and vehicle specific wiring.

Anything silly I've missed? Will we be missing much by not having the Tech pack? Not massively bothered about the sat-nav, but will we still get the touchscreen controls etc? (not spoken to the dealer about that yet ..)

Its a pity you can't seem to get the heated screen as a stand-alone option (unless I'm mistaken).

Cheers,
Darren.
(This post was last modified: 28-01-2014 01:22am by rowleyd3.)
28-01-2014 01:00am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
recordman

RE: Firenze MY14 Pure Auto order (and help please)

Welcome rowleyD3

You might want to consider the spare wheel option. It's a costly item to add after you've taken delivery.

Nicely spec'd car. It's good that one has so much choice!

2013 SD4 Prestige auto/5dr/OG/Fuji pano roof
28-01-2014 09:25am
Craig_d1

£42k list for a pure? Think you'll get crucified come trade in. Is it not better going for a prestige where a lot of your extra's are standard, so come trade in time they base it of a higher starting price. You should get just as good a discount on a prestige...
I always spec atuo dimming interior mirror too. Got used to it and wouldn't be without it now, even with privacy
28-01-2014 11:19am
rowleyd3

(28-01-2014 11:19am)Craig_d1 Wrote:  £42k list for a pure? Think you'll get crucified come trade in. Is it not better going for a prestige where a lot of your extra's are standard, so come trade in time they base it of a higher starting price. You should get just as good a discount on a prestige...
I always spec atuo dimming interior mirror too. Got used to it and wouldn't be without it now, even with privacy

Nope 39k minus 3k, so costing 36ish ....

The problem with a Prestige for us is that it starts at 40, so by the time we've added on the must haves, its another 2k ish .. so our 36K spend is 42k - too much for us ....

Thanks for the advice about the spare wheel and the auto-dimming mirror - I'll look at getting them added.
(This post was last modified: 28-01-2014 01:27pm by rowleyd3.)
28-01-2014 01:15pm
BobM

Good idea about the spare wheel as Im sure you don't get a jack or wheel brace either without this option. One thing I had on mine was the ebony roof lining which I thought made a big difference to the 'sporty' feel of the inside, obviously all the pillar cappings are black as well if you take that option. I didn't think it made the inside too dark and it certainly wouldn't if you have the Pano roof.
The one thing I would also have liked was the Auto Lights on function. Not sure if it comes with the Adaptive Xenons (probably should but until LR sort the configurator Sad I don't know without visiting the dealers). Auto lights would have avoided several trips in the dark with only the front DRL's onShocked

Pure, SD4, Auto, 5 door, Firenze Red, Ebony/Ebony, privacy, rear camera, front sensors, fog lights, spare wheel, auto lights and wipers - Delivered 14.3.15 Very Happy

Gone but not forgotten - Old rattly 1.3.12 - 31.5.13 - Pure, SD4, manual, 5 door, Fuji, 19" style 4, ebony/ebony, spare wheel, privacy.
28-01-2014 03:38pm
rowleyd3

(28-01-2014 03:38pm)BobM Wrote:  The one thing I would also have liked was the Auto Lights on function. Not sure if it comes with the Adaptive Xenons (probably should but until LR sort the configurator Sad I don't know without visiting the dealers). Auto lights would have avoided several trips in the dark with only the front DRL's onShocked

You see ... I wouldn't have them, after my last car did and they came on when I was doing 40 and approaching a side-junction. The driver thought I was flashing him out - so he did .. straight into my path ...

Darren
(This post was last modified: 28-01-2014 05:04pm by rowleyd3.)
28-01-2014 03:45pm
recordman

Interesting point you make there Rowley about the autolights. Also I often wonder why so many people drive these days in fog without headlights on. Maybe they've got so used to autolights that it never occurs to them to put the lights on manually. Some years ago I remember starting off one dark morning in my autolight equipped car, the lights came on but during the morning the light level rose and the lights went off. I hadn't noticed and was driving in thick fog with no lights. Complete idiot!

2013 SD4 Prestige auto/5dr/OG/Fuji pano roof
28-01-2014 04:13pm
cjfp

^ mine did similar and I even had my fog lights on. I reported this 'bug' to LR but I don't know if they changed the programming etc. There is no way, even on auto, that the car should make the decision to turn off the lights if I have manually switched on my fog lights

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
28-01-2014 05:05pm
fam1x

I have auto lights on and the work fine until someone (LR) decides to turn them off for you without telling you after the service. The other day I was driving at night and because of the signature lights were on at the the front didn't know other wise until a cab driver pulls up from behind me to say my rear lights aren't working, to my shock "what really oh thanks". Then I notice the auto lights have been switch off.

2nd service LR call me to say your wipers or in winter pack mode and not sitting correctly shall we turn them off for you Doh!!!!! Its winter and I have them set like that for a reason....
I do wonder why we are paying LR these high service charges what do they do.....!!!!!!!

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
28-01-2014 05:15pm
BobM

The last few posts after mine are not without merit. What I forgot was that the car is built in Britain so I should have factored in that even if I had it on my car it wouldn't have worked properly - silly me Wink

Im now used to driving my VW Tiguan R Line or my wifes MK7 GTD who's auto functions work properly (IMHO) and the fog lights are worked off the same switch as the headlights so the car cant make the decision to switch off the lights (and therefore the fog lights), you have to physically turn the light switch past the auto position to the on position and activate the front or rear fogs - those German's eh, who else could have thought of that (apparently nearly everyone except LR).

Pure, SD4, Auto, 5 door, Firenze Red, Ebony/Ebony, privacy, rear camera, front sensors, fog lights, spare wheel, auto lights and wipers - Delivered 14.3.15 Very Happy

Gone but not forgotten - Old rattly 1.3.12 - 31.5.13 - Pure, SD4, manual, 5 door, Fuji, 19" style 4, ebony/ebony, spare wheel, privacy.
28-01-2014 05:56pm