Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Finally there!
Kimv

Finally there!

I finally picked up my car! Took about 5,5 months from order to delivery. I won't give a full first impression since everybody knows the car is gorgeous and all. I'll just stick to how I feel about the options I took but posed me the biggest dilemma whether or not to take them:

Pano-roof

Some might remember that my wife vetoed against it.. I took it anyway Smile. I'm very happy with it and even the wife likes it now. It might be the black headlining since our test car had ivory headlining and we weren't sure about that... Anyway, pano-roof + black headlining = win!

Adaptive Dynamics

I wasn't sure if it would make a big difference and so being worth the money. In all honesty, I think I could live without. All our test cars didn't have it but I ordered it anyway... I'd probably take it again if I'd order a new one but for those on a tighter budget I'd say that the car drives great without and the difference is not that big.

Verve interior

I was afraid the red would be too flashy. It isn't! It looks darker and softer than on most pics you see posted. It looks wonderful and I'd take it again in the next one.

SatNav

After reading bad reviews I was really tempted not to take it. Bad reviews are bullshit... It works very well! I have a Tomtom and I prefer the Evoque SatNav. It takes a bit getting used to and I agree that inputting an address might be confusing at first.

Auto gearbox

It's my first one and was afraid I'd be disappointed by it... Love it! You don't feel it changing gears, the engine is very responsive and it never hangs between gears. Really good.

Something I "like less"

The boot is rather small. Not tiny, probably big enough but not "comfortably large".

A picture:

[Image: 78c5c92c.jpg]

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
(This post was last modified: 31-05-2012 01:06pm by Kimv.)
31-05-2012 01:05pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vc

RE: Finally there!

Congrats Very Happy

COLLECTED 20th July Very Happy
Ordered 4th April, built 6th July
Pure SD4 auto, Mauritius Blue fogs, signatures, tailgate, power fold mirrors, electric drivers seat,
cirrus/lunar, auto dim mirror, mats.
31-05-2012 01:15pm
Neo

Congrats! Enjoy your new ride!

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
31-05-2012 01:34pm
PhilSkill

Enjoy Kimv,

Agree the boot is deceptive, it looks big until you start putting a suitcase in it and suddenly you're thinking how to arrange everything, but it's big enough for weekend away bags for 2 or 3 people plus the usual paraphenalia, any longer and seats would need to go down, which means then it's on show, well to those without the privacy glass, so there's a plus for privacy glass.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
31-05-2012 01:39pm
evoquemayne

Thanks for the opinion on the Verve. I've gone for it despite some doubts, hoping it would be as you've said it is. That makes me feel more at ease.

...might want to change your signature.
31-05-2012 01:40pm
MartinP

Congratulations kimv,it makes the long wait worthwhile. Enjoy!

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
31-05-2012 05:10pm
Cedric

Congratulations! Did you drive it back to France today?
31-05-2012 05:45pm
Kimv

Finally there!

(31-05-2012 05:45pm)Cedric Wrote:  Congratulations! Did you drive it back to France today?

No, I'm staying here for a few days. Until mid next week I think. Need to clock 1500km to go through check up Smile

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
31-05-2012 06:20pm
Evo-king

Wahay, another Santorini with Verve, great choice, but then I'm biased.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
31-05-2012 08:57pm
johnboy

I agree about the boot space, but my Lab can get in and turn around so that is fine for what I need the boot for, but do agree a touch on the small size but that is absolutely the only negative comment I could make about this magnificent machineVery Happy

On order, delivery May 2012 Fuji White SD4 Man, Tech Pack, Privacy Glass, Pano roof, Fogs, Lux Mats, power tailgate, puddle lamps, Auto dimming rear view mirror, 19" Style 4: Mud flaps: Xenons, rear camera: Dog Guard by Travall: Boot Liner. Delivered 29/05/12
31-05-2012 10:17pm