Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Finally, ordered my evoque! Big thank you to this forum!!
@nsh

Finally, I booked my evoque at the local dealership today. I have been reading all about RRE on this forum and a big thank you to all the members for valuable information and opinions. Really helped!

Pure SD4 - Mauritius Blue
Pure tech and clear view pack
Park assist, rear camera, rear aid
Pano roof
Power mirror

Till the very last minute we were unsure on:
A, Fuji white vs metallic - in the end went metallic thinking of better resale but the thought changing back to Fuji white keep crossing my mind still.
B, TD4 vs SD4 - although I didn't feel any difference during my test drives but I read on the forum SD4 is bit smoother and quiter and again better resale value. Also you get twin exhaust in SD4. I would rather invest in a better engine.

Still sighing about-
A, sat nav not being included in tech pack or even as a standard config - in this day n age!!!!
B, full electric seats not included in tech pack. Costs a whopping $2600 extra
C, can't get illuminated tread plates and blind spot monitoring in Pure model at all!!!
D, cost of contrast roof on either solid and pano roof is same. Even though you only get a fringe of contrast roof with pano. I really wanted a white roof with my blue..

Nonetheless, quite excited about getting my hands on my dream car. Will have to wait till apr 2013.

Pure SD4 auto, Mauritius Blue, pure tech and clear view pack, pano roof, power mirror, park assist, front aid. Rear camera. Ordered Dec2012 Arrived Apr2013!!
27-12-2012 08:54am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BA74

RE: Finally, ordered my evoque! Big thank you to this forum!!

(27-12-2012 08:54am)@nsh Wrote:  Finally, I booked my evoque at the local dealership today. I have been reading all about RRE on this forum and a big thank you to all the members for valuable information and opinions. Really helped!

Pure SD4 - Mauritius Blue
Pure tech and clear view pack
Park assist, rear camera, rear aid
Pano roof
Power mirror

Till the very last minute we were unsure on:
A, Fuji white vs metallic - in the end went metallic thinking of better resale but the thought changing back to Fuji white keep crossing my mind still.
B, TD4 vs SD4 - although I didn't feel any difference during my test drives but I read on the forum SD4 is bit smoother and quiter and again better resale value. Also you get twin exhaust in SD4. I would rather invest in a better engine.

Still sighing about-
A, sat nav not being included in tech pack or even as a standard config - in this day n age!!!!
B, full electric seats not included in tech pack. Costs a whopping $2600 extra
C, can't get illuminated tread plates and blind spot monitoring in Pure model at all!!!
D, cost of contrast roof on either solid and pano roof is same. Even though you only get a fringe of contrast roof with pano. I really wanted a white roof with my blue..

Nonetheless, quite excited about getting my hands on my dream car. Will have to wait till apr 2013.

Great options, well done. The fact you have to get the clear view pack to get automatic lights blows me away. I stupidly assumed they were standard and now don't have. My 10 year old car I replaced had it!

How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
27-12-2012 10:07am
QUEEVO

Sounds great... Blue with white roof always make me think of a smurf car... Wink

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
27-12-2012 10:37pm
WB
WB

Just get the roof vinyl wrapped - much cheaper and you can remove it if you change your mind. You can also then get any colour you like!
27-12-2012 10:43pm
Ringo

Congratulations nsh Smile
Agree with you on the cost of extras ( and what is not standard equipment) $3400 for sat nav is a joke

Mauritius Blue was the colour I wanted, but then the wife saw the Firenze Red.

IMO I don't think you need a contrast colour roof when you get the Pano, the few I have seen, the roof doesn't seem to stand out as much.

One good extra with the 3 door is full electric seat with the tec pack

Hope the wait isn't too long

TD4 Pure Coupe, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof, auto head lights
Ordered : Early Aug, Build :Nov 21 :Boat arrived 9th Jan,Very Happy Dealer called, picking up Friday Jan 25th
(This post was last modified: 31-12-2012 03:51am by Ringo.)
28-12-2012 06:53am
boinzo

Congrats nsh! How long is your wait? I signed up today for a dealer spec'ed car so will take delivery in Feb. But was told wait for build was still at least 6 months.
28-12-2012 08:38am
@nsh

(28-12-2012 08:38am)boinzo Wrote:  Congrats nsh! How long is your wait? I signed up today for a dealer spec'ed car so will take delivery in Feb. But was told wait fdor build was still at least 6 months.

I was given an ETA of Apr 2013 for an order that I placed yesterday. I heard they are not taking 6 months anymore because they now have a 24hr production cycle to cope up with the demand.

Congrats on your RRE purchase!!!

Pure SD4 auto, Mauritius Blue, pure tech and clear view pack, pano roof, power mirror, park assist, front aid. Rear camera. Ordered Dec2012 Arrived Apr2013!!
28-12-2012 01:45pm
Steveb68

Congratulations

I am looking forward to April as well, can't come quick enough

Ordered for end March 2013
Dynamic SD4 automatic, Orkney grey, contrast Santorini Pano roof, style 7 shadow chrome, Privacy Glass, Tech Pac 2, Park assist,CHANGED TO VORTEX interior,Black Roof Rails,Adaptive Dynamics, and yes I know its a lot of money but aeroflip, Ebony H Lining, cold climate pack,adaptive Xenon headlights and Spare wheel
28-12-2012 08:19pm
Filski

Congrats on the order, I ordered in mid Nov with a tentative delivery date of early March.
(This post was last modified: 29-12-2012 01:17am by Filski.)
29-12-2012 01:16am
Biker

I would honestly not fret about a $3400 for Satnav. For that money you can buy a car phone holder, plug in your phone with nav on it. Heck, for that money you can buy outright the top of the range smartphone not once, not twice, but 4 times over!

TD4 180 HSE MY17 Fuji White
04-01-2013 11:15am