Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Finally - Sept 10th :-)
alibeau

RE: Finally - Sept 10th :-)

(04-09-2011 02:12pm)ytshome Wrote:  Hi there,

I've seen the black in the metal and to be honest and whilst I accept that colours are a very personal taste I'm really not sure that the Black and the dark blue show the best of the evoque. I'd suggest looking at a few side by side. For me there are a number of other strong colours.

Yes, I agree re. black but hubby has a black RRS (which looks fab) and he thinks it would be a good choice for the Evoque, I think he will change his mind if/when he sees it in the flesh..... I *think* I will end up going for OG, we'll see....

Ali Very Happy
04-09-2011 05:06pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
abcya

At the Evoque live event, one of the LR people said that the limited quantities of Japanese 'sprinkles' they did have would probably be used for the Firenze Red due to its popularity. If that's right, maybe the colours including red are being saved for customer orders rather than dealer demo models...unless the dealers just ordered the 'safe' popular black / silver / white etc?
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2011 10:33pm by abcya.)
05-09-2011 10:32pm
berlin2011

Black, White and Silver seems to be the ones. Photo's of some more transporters delivering - this time in Switzerland

http://goo.gl/Qr0J6

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
05-09-2011 10:56pm
GinaS

RE: Black

Hi there,
I'm new to the forum. I went to Halewood last Friday 2nd September. I saw a 3 door prestige in white at the Experience Centre, tan interior. It looked great! I was also lucky enough to be driven around the factory compound and could see loads of Evoques, some LHD. The barolo black won't be ready until next Jan but i saw an example in daylight...I can definitely say that it's a gorgeous colour-the red sparkles amazingly in the light!
I have ordered a Firenze red prestige 5dr-had ordered Orkney grey but changed my mind because whilst it looks gorgeous I think it'll be a bit boring on our British grey roads.
Cheers,
GinaS
Ps sorry I was so awestruck I didn't get any pics!
06-09-2011 08:18pm
Daigriff

RE: Black

[quote='GinaS' pid='10303' dateline='1315336705']
The barolo black won't be ready until next Jan but i saw an example in daylight...I can definitely say that it's a gorgeous colour-the red sparkles amazingly in the light! (quote)

Hi Gina and welcome.

I have a Barolo black prestige on order and am glad you like it. However I'm getting mine on November 2nd so hope you are wrong about January.Wink

BTW red is very nice.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
06-09-2011 08:32pm
GinaS

Hi,
I hope so for your sake! I'm just quoting what the Driver Experience guy said-he could have been wrong! I drive a black Merc ML, full AMG kit etc at the moment so that's the only reason I haven't ordered another black car. Honestly, I was like a kid in a toy shop on Friday, it's all so exciting!
You are going to love your new car!
06-09-2011 08:38pm
Daigriff

I was lucky enough to drive one last Saturday and it was immense. There was a Barolo black prestige there as well and it did look good...but the Firenze red stood out more though.

Can't wait.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
06-09-2011 08:56pm
SebM

(05-09-2011 10:56pm)berlin2011 Wrote:  Black, White and Silver seems to be the ones. Photo's of some more transporters delivering - this time in Switzerland

http://goo.gl/Qr0J6

Excellent !!!!

This Saturday, 11th of September, few Evoque will be displayed in Prangins (between Geneva and Lausanne) for a sport competition where Range Rover dealers are sponsor... Then the 21th of September, there is the official launch in Geneva, of course I will be present and I already ask my vendor to book a test drive Cool

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
06-09-2011 09:31pm