Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Finally Ordered after waiting a year...
screamingdead

Finally Ordered after waiting a year...

Hi Everyone

After a year of reading this forum, I’ve finally placed my order.
A Santorini SD4 Pure Auto with a tech pack & 19inch Style 4 alloys , ebony seats & headlining with the following options:-

Front fogs
Adaptive Xenons
Heated folding mirrors
Auto dip mirror
Reverse parking camera
Auto park
Heated steering wheel

I’ve missed off Privacy Glass as the car is black on black & the auto boot as I’m worried about damaging the boot lid on my garage.

Build is middle of October with deliver in November – this is the most expensive birthday present I’ve ever bought myself.

I’m going to place an order for a boot liner and rubber mats from Duckworth. I just need to decide on whether to get the dealer to fit mud flaps and who to buy gap insurance off.

Regards

SD
09-09-2012 12:05pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Daigriff

RE: Finally Ordered after waiting a year...

I got my dealer to fit my mudflaps and glad I did. I'm not a diy'er although some on here did put them on themselves.

I regret not getting the auto tailgate. I've got a black evoque and unless the car is clean I get finger prints at the bottom of the boot and end up with dirty fingers!!

Also I originally specced and ordered a pure but changed to a prestige because I'd put so many options on the pure...did you consider this?

Nice spec btw Smile

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
09-09-2012 02:04pm
eddkawasaki

you can set the opening height of the tailgate.

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel
Order Date: 14th May 2012
Build date: approx 5th Oct 2012
Delivery Date: Should be 22nd Oct
Actual delivery: 31st Oct

[Image: 151436.png]
09-09-2012 02:13pm
screamingdead

(09-09-2012 02:04pm)Daigriff Wrote:  I got my dealer to fit my mudflaps and glad I did. I'm not a diy'er although some on here did put them on themselves.

I regret not getting the auto tailgate. I've got a black evoque and unless the car is clean I get finger prints at the bottom of the boot and end up with dirty fingers!!

Also I originally specced and ordered a pure but changed to a prestige because I'd put so many options on the pure...did you consider this?

Nice spec btw Smile

I might still add the auto tailgate, although my wife says I'm just being lazy not wanting to open my own boot Smile

I did consider a Dynamic, but then I would have the Lux pack & that puts me over budget.
09-09-2012 03:10pm
Evo-king

What fantastic self restraint.

I'm sure you will be happy with your choice.

Prestige Finance and MHC Finance offer GAP deals, their contact numbers are on this site.

Look them up under site sponsors.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
09-09-2012 05:19pm
screamingdead

(09-09-2012 05:19pm)Evo-king Wrote:  What fantastic self restraint.

I'm sure you will be happy with your choice.

Prestige Finance and MHC Finance offer GAP deals, their contact numbers are on this site.

Look them up under site sponsors.

Some self restraint, but mainly down to the fact that no dealer in Worcestershire was interested in selling me a car. I finally took a trip to Ludlow and ordered from Shukers Landrover who had a totally different attitude and a build slot next month Smile

I remember MHC Finance / KAM100 from my days on the Freel2 forum, I'll give them a try thanks.
09-09-2012 06:32pm
NightFox

(09-09-2012 06:32pm)screamingdead Wrote:  Some self restraint, but mainly down to the fact that no dealer in Worcestershire was interested in selling me a car. I finally took a trip to Ludlow and ordered from Shukers Landrover who had a totally different attitude and a build slot next month Smile

I remember MHC Finance / KAM100 from my days on the Freel2 forum, I'll give them a try thanks.

Only had dealings with Shukers other branch in Shrewsbury, but as sales go they've always been excellent. Didn't order my Evoque from them though as their lead times were too long compared to other dealers, though with the experience I'm now suffering from those other dealers, I'm beginning to think a couple of month's delay would have been worth it!

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
10-09-2012 11:11am
screamingdead

I've had an email from the dealer. - the car is built, ready for collection next week or the week after.
17-10-2012 05:36pm
ojonesyo

Might I suggest you consider a rubber loadspace mat [with our without a luggage net]. Our experience with a rigid loadspace liner in our Disco4 is that, being a smooth, rigid plastic, stuff slides around, creating a lot of noise. The rubber mat and net are fantastic in my Evoque, so good infact, that we have now ditched the rigid liner in the disco4 and fitted the rubber mat and net. I know that with no vertical upstand, it does not protect from spills so well, but you might want to check out the options that suit you.

SD4 Prestige Lux 5 door auto, Havana/Tan, Style 7 alloys, tow kit, spare wheel, high-beam assist, etc ..Arrived June 2012
17-10-2012 09:23pm
screamingdead

(17-10-2012 09:23pm)ojonesyo Wrote:  Might I suggest you consider a rubber loadspace mat [with our without a luggage net]. Our experience with a rigid loadspace liner in our Disco4 is that, being a smooth, rigid plastic, stuff slides around, creating a lot of noise. The rubber mat and net are fantastic in my Evoque, so good infact, that we have now ditched the rigid liner in the disco4 and fitted the rubber mat and net. I know that with no vertical upstand, it does not protect from spills so well, but you might want to check out the options that suit you.

Thanks for the advice, I've already spent some of the afternoon trying to decide between a loadspace mat and a ridged liner. I was hoping to order a loadspace mat from carmats4u but they don't have a mat specifically for the Evoque. I guess I'll order a genuine mat from Duckworths.
17-10-2012 10:23pm