Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Filling up at station, nozzle keeps cutting out
jcarrot

RE: Filling up at station, nozzle keeps cutting out

Really surprised there is a problem as I am able to fill mine right to the brim as quick as the pump can deliver which is a first for any car that I have ever had, that's at any diesel pump I've used so far. Perhaps it is the fuel protection device.
16-03-2016 11:05am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Steve D

(14-03-2016 09:43pm)bee Wrote:  the nozzle doesn't go in much on the sd4 anyway, so your device has not tripped.
That's right. The CORRECT nozzle doesn't go in much and will not trip the device however, a nozzle from an unleaded pump has a thinner diameter than a Diesel nozzle and WILL go in further, tripping the device. That's why it's called a 'misfuelling device'.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
16-03-2016 02:45pm
Steve D

Would have been nice to hear back from the OP as to what was the cause of his problem. May help others in the future.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
17-03-2016 04:20pm
Steve D

Oh well.......

26-03-2016 03:16pm
Nickj

Guess we will never know. Checked mine and not tripped. Just doesn't go in very far. No issues filling up however, so not really a concern.
26-03-2016 08:51pm
7th Star

Hi

I did experience a similar problem, when the gas station uses a smaller diameter nozzle it trips the yellow stopper. A standard Diesel nozzles has a bigger diameter than gasoline, but due to economics gas station use the gasoline nozzles.

So i visited a muffler shop and had them cut a stainless tube 3 inches that maximizes the diameter of evoque's fuel tube. So every time I need to refuel, I would insert it first to the nozzle then insert it. It no longer trips the yellow stopper.
15-10-2016 11:48pm