Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Few pics with towbar bike rack fitted
ED209

Just in case anyone considering this option here are a few pics of my car with witter zx300 bike rack fitted to the rear. Its solid as a rock but i need to take the car back to the tow bar fitters as i really think they should have cut a few mm out of the bumper when fitting it.

[Image: dsc0376aq.jpg]

[Image: dsc0378p.jpg]

[Image: dsc0384k.jpg]

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
08-05-2012 06:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barneyridge

RE: Few pics with towbar bike rack fitted

Geeze those are very big racks. I much prefer the roof mounted option. Is that a anthem I see ???
My bad, just saw the first pic and noticed it was a Trance. Nice, I have a 2010 Trance, awesome bikes, mine has been through heaps without issue.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2012 12:54pm by Barneyridge.)
10-05-2012 12:52pm
ED209

(10-05-2012 12:52pm)Barneyridge Wrote:  Geeze those are very big racks. I much prefer the roof mounted option. Is that a anthem I see ???
My bad, just saw the first pic and noticed it was a Trance. Nice, I have a 2010 Trance, awesome bikes, mine has been through heaps without issue.

roof mounted option means more chance of damaging the car and more hassle getting them on and off. Had a roof mounted rack on my partners juke and it was a pain in the ass to get bikes on and off.

You are close with the anthem, its a trance.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
11-05-2012 07:27am
Filski

Nice, same as what I'm looking to do. Just happen to have an anthem x1.
11-05-2012 07:45am
PapaRod

Can I ask which brand you chose for your bar? Thule?

(08-05-2012 06:39pm)ED209 Wrote:  Just in case anyone considering this option here are a few pics of my car with witter zx300 bike rack fitted to the rear. Its solid as a rock but i need to take the car back to the tow bar fitters as i really think they should have cut a few mm out of the bumper when fitting it.

[Image: dsc0376aq.jpg]

[Image: dsc0378p.jpg]

[Image: dsc0384k.jpg]

Pure SD, Fuji, TechPack 1, Clearview, Auto, Privacy, Park assist - now with a towbar...Very Happy
03-06-2012 07:45pm
RRSteve

It looks a good fit. I was thinking of one for mine until a guy I know who is a mountain bike downhill racer said he always puts his bike in the car now! He dumped his rack after someone followed him home from a meeting once and that night they broke in and stole his bike! He knew this was the case as apparently amongst his fellow racers this was a thing that had been happening at race meetings that month!
26-02-2014 12:11pm