Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Faulty rear diff or haldex ?
RogB

Faulty rear diff or haldex ?

62 plate 13MY SD4 Pure 80k miles from LR approved in August.

Car was booked into LR chesterfield for investigation into battery power (no stop/start and blowing bulbs) and check transmission and braking systems for strange noises from the rear.

Driving into work today, some loud thuds from the rear going round a roundabout onto the A1, and then the same/similar thuds turning corners into the car park at work.

Called LR assist who will get a tech out to me today, and luckily there is LR Stratstone Doncaster just round the corner.

Im thinking rear diff or haldex ??

2012 Evoque Pure 5 door - Santorini Black, 20'' style 6 wheels, privacy, fogs, (accident damaged wreck direct from LR approved :rollSmile
2011 Evoque Prestige 3 door - Indus Silver, gloss black 19'' style 5 wheels, privacy, partial black pack.

and a few Freelander 2 over the yearsLaughing
20-12-2016 09:45am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RogB

RE: Faulty rear diff or haldex ?

update
LR Assist duly turned up, and really cannot fault the service

checked it and within 5 mins pinpointed it to near rear side, possible failed CV joint.
He took me round to LR Doncaster, and on the way booked the courtesy car.
All sorted at the dealers in less than 15 mins, and a near new Jaguar XE R Sport 2.0D AWD auto to play with until after xmas.

the next question is are the repairs covered under warranty lol

2012 Evoque Pure 5 door - Santorini Black, 20'' style 6 wheels, privacy, fogs, (accident damaged wreck direct from LR approved :rollSmile
2011 Evoque Prestige 3 door - Indus Silver, gloss black 19'' style 5 wheels, privacy, partial black pack.

and a few Freelander 2 over the yearsLaughing
20-12-2016 03:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply