Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Faulty Battery?
M13

Faulty Battery?

Does anyone else's evoque threaten him that the car will shut down in 1-3 minutes if the engine is not on?
Mine is a May 2015 Evoque and has been doing giving me the message for the past 4 months.

If so, did you take any action?

Took it to a mechanic to read it's battery 'health' and this is what came out -

[Image: IvTq2Ba.jpg]

As can be seen clearly, its on weak.

MY15 Fuji White Dynamic 3dr Evoque | Black Pack | Pano Roof | Black Contrasting Roof | Privacy Glass | Upgraded Mats
08-04-2016 04:05pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Faulty Battery?

10V is not a happy system... Should be under Warranty.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
08-04-2016 05:37pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Do you do a lot of very short journeys? If so then LR will come back and tell you that that is the cause of the problem. I know somebody who only drove 4 miles to work and back every day and his battery in his 2014 Range Rover kept loosing charge and getting a flat battery. Land Rover told him that the car wasn't meant for such short distances and refused to look further into the matter............. Needless to say he sold his 6 month old FFRR LWB Autobiography (£128,000 worth) and is now driving a 4 year old 2nd hand Audi A8 that has never had an issue with charging on the same short journeys, and after owning Range Rovers for more than 30 years (and buying a new one every 18 months!) will never own another. Land Rover can be so shortsighted and negative about customers problems they don't realize just how much damage that it is doing to itself.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2016 07:57am by XFullFatTim.)
09-04-2016 07:51am
jeffersj

We have discussed this in earlier threads specifically about the ECO button. If this stop/start function is left on and only short journeys are undertaken with lots of stops then there is a heavy drain on the battery, switch the ECO button to off.

I was once told that the drain on the battery at each start can take a good 20 mins of driving to re-instate the battery (not a technical statement) so you can imagine the effect of several stop starts.

Jeff

Member of Defender2 and Disco3/4 forums, currently driving a 90 300tdi and the Evoque Dynamic which is really my wife's car.
09-04-2016 10:38am
Jeroma

Evoque MY2014 ED4 Pure Tech in Aintree Green - Almond/Expresso, priv. glass, rear camera etc...
other cars in house: Renault Megane CC
1960 Triumph TR3A in BRG - on Webers
1970 Triumph TR6PI in jasmine on EFI
09-04-2016 08:11pm
Stadt Panzer

Faulty Battery?

52 Ah battery? Mine has a 80 Ah battery.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
09-04-2016 10:28pm
M13

(09-04-2016 07:51am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Do you do a lot of very short journeys? If so then LR will come back and tell you that that is the cause of the problem. I know somebody who only drove 4 miles to work and back every day and his battery in his 2014 Range Rover kept loosing charge and getting a flat battery. Land Rover told him that the car wasn't meant for such short distances and refused to look further into the matter............. Needless to say he sold his 6 month old FFRR LWB Autobiography (£128,000 worth) and is now driving a 4 year old 2nd hand Audi A8 that has never had an issue with charging on the same short journeys, and after owning Range Rovers for more than 30 years (and buying a new one every 18 months!) will never own another. Land Rover can be so shortsighted and negative about customers problems they don't realize just how much damage that it is doing to itself.

excuse the very late reply.
Yeah, my journeys are very short because I live in an island which is about 14km in length...Might be in a bit of a pickle...

(09-04-2016 10:28pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  52 Ah battery? Mine has a 80 Ah battery.

Mine's 80Ah also

MY15 Fuji White Dynamic 3dr Evoque | Black Pack | Pano Roof | Black Contrasting Roof | Privacy Glass | Upgraded Mats
(This post was last modified: 24-04-2016 04:21pm by M13.)
24-04-2016 04:20pm
Rein

(24-04-2016 04:20pm)M13 Wrote:  excuse the very late reply.
Yeah, my journeys are very short because I live in an island which is about 14km in length...Might be in a bit of a pickle...

Mine's 80Ah also

Mine also 80Ah, located in The Netherlands, so no very cold weather circumstances here, but still 80Ah. I do regularly have a transmission fault popping up briefly on the dash when the car has sat for 2 days or so at first start. Dealer says it is the dip in the power when starting, to which the ECU responds with an "error"
Sometimes it gets so bad that I get a call from my cars security system helpdesk reporting low battery. I then have to tell them I just started my car Rolling Eyes
Maybe I should get my battery checked for health aswell...

Blacked-out Evoque Cool

Santorini black, 5dr, dynamic, SD4 auto
Mods: My Evoque Topic
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2016 03:51pm by Rein.)
01-05-2016 03:49pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply