Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Faster = Better
Aussievoque

Faster = Better

I have finally had the chance to take my Evoque for a decent run and test it out on a good country road with little traffic.

And as the title says I have decided that the faster you drive it the better it gets. Like a few other owners I have found my Evoque suffers from a serious spot of lag at low speeds, especially when starting off at intersections and roundabouts. Once you are over 60k's though it is a little rocket with so much torque. It also helps that once you are driving faster than 'around town speeds' you can really enjoy just how great the handling is. My drive also included some heavy rain and the Evoque didn't even look like coming unstuck on the wet roads.

If I had to name any negatives with the car so far they would be the low down lag, pretty flimsy windscreen wipers, the material used in the rear wheel arches, and the location of the hood release. Fuel economy is not looking great but I'm still on my first tank and the in the "testing" phase my driving has not really been ideal for fuel economy. Mostly pretty minor quibbles so as a whole the things I love far outway these few negatives.

Unexpected positives are the reversing camera's on screen directional guides and the vision out of the rear view mirror - much better than I expected.

I have also had a chance to take some better photos after applying Zaino treatment to the paintwork...

Also some higher res pics if anyone is interested:
http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g469...ues%20RRE/

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
23-01-2012 05:19am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barneyridge

RE: Faster = Better

Nice, glad you are enjoying it. How do you find the TD4 performance wise. I have only test driven the SD4.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
23-01-2012 06:25am
Aussievoque

I think the TD4 has plenty of power Barney so I imagine you should be more than pleased with the SD4. Once you get up in the revs it just keeps on going, very easy to exceed the speed limit without realising! Also very responsive for overtaking, it knocks back a gear and takes off like a scalded cat. As mentioned I find there is a flat spot down low but I have also read that SD4 and Si4 owners are having the same problem. Strangely enough one of the 2 cars I test drove also suffered from this while the other didn't.

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
23-01-2012 06:51am
Barneyridge

Thanks mate, I am getting the TD4 but have not driven one yet. Maybe just over a week to go though

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
23-01-2012 06:55am
spif888

(23-01-2012 05:19am)Aussievoque Wrote:  I have finally had the chance to take my Evoque for a decent run and test it out on a good country road with little traffic.

And as the title says I have decided that the faster you drive it the better it gets. Like a few other owners I have found my Evoque suffers from a serious spot of lag at low speeds, especially when starting off at intersections and roundabouts. Once you are over 60k's though it is a little rocket with so much torque. It also helps that once you are driving faster than 'around town speeds' you can really enjoy just how great the handling is. My drive also included some heavy rain and the Evoque didn't even look like coming unstuck on the wet roads.

If I had to name any negatives with the car so far they would be the low down lag, pretty flimsy windscreen wipers, the material used in the rear wheel arches, and the location of the hood release. Fuel economy is not looking great but I'm still on my first tank and the in the "testing" phase my driving has not really been ideal for fuel economy. Mostly pretty minor quibbles so as a whole the things I love far outway these few negatives.

Unexpected positives are the reversing camera's on screen directional guides and the vision out of the rear view mirror - much better than I expected.

I have also had a chance to take some better photos after applying Zaino treatment to the paintwork...

Also some higher res pics if anyone is interested:
http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g469...ues%20RRE/
Hey Aussievoque

Thats a mighty fine looking car, it's also the exact twin of mine. A Sumatra black pure with style 5 wheels. I am hoping to have mine by month end

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
23-01-2012 07:54am
Aussievoque

(23-01-2012 06:55am)Barneyridge Wrote:  Thanks mate, I am getting the TD4 but have not driven one yet. Maybe just over a week to go though

Sorry Barney, misread your post. TD4 has heaps of power. I'm also closely following Cutter7's thread on a tuning box he has fitted to his Evoque. He is reporting good things on it so far, especially with regard to flat spots and lag etc.
(23-01-2012 07:54am)spif888 Wrote:  Thats a mighty fine looking car, it's also the exact twin of mine. A Sumatra black pure with style 5 wheels. I am hoping to have mine by month end

Nice choice Spif!! Not long to go now.....

(This post was last modified: 23-01-2012 11:15pm by Aussievoque.)
23-01-2012 08:24am
MPK

Nice looking evoque Aussie! Congrats.

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto (01/2012)
23-01-2012 10:26am
chiggy

very nice looking ride! love the wheels actually!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
23-01-2012 10:41am