Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
False Alarm just after locking
ceebee

False Alarm just after locking

On numerous occasions I have had the alarm activate itself approx. 2 minutes after locking the car?
I have checked that the windows were all closed and have tried waiting 30 seconds or so just in case interior lights etc are causing a voltage drop etc....but it doesn't seem to make a difference.
I have also made sure that i am not accidentally pressing the panic button on the key fob.
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this happening as it is quite embarrassing when getting out of a cool car and then having the alarm go off!

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
13-11-2011 06:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wrtau23

RE: False Alarm just after locking

Haven't had this happen, but starting to wonder if there is glitch with the fobs.

Today I run into a store to make a quick exchange and only grab the fob and my wallet. Touch the door handle so it would lock (confirm it locked since the mirrors folded). Returning to the car after 5 minutes and pull the door handle. Doesn't open. Press the unlock key. No response. Tried for several minutes pressing all buttons and pulling the handle nothing.

Return to the store to call Landrover assistnace (since my phone was locked in the car). Store employees were gracious enough to help me with opening the fob and getting the key after I got off the phone with Landrover since I couldn't figure it out alone Laughing

Any other "fob" stories?

If I take it to the dealer would they be able to tell what the issue was? Of course I have tried several time to reproduce the problem at home but no such luck.

(13-11-2011 06:57pm)ceebee Wrote:  On numerous occasions I have had the alarm activate itself approx. 2 minutes after locking the car?
I have checked that the windows were all closed and have tried waiting 30 seconds or so just in case interior lights etc are causing a voltage drop etc....but it doesn't seem to make a difference.
I have also made sure that i am not accidentally pressing the panic button on the key fob.
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this happening as it is quite embarrassing when getting out of a cool car and then having the alarm go off!
17-11-2011 02:08am
berlin2011

RE: False Alarm just after locking

There's a Special service message on Topix regarding 'Smart key not found' maybe related?

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
17-11-2011 09:52am