Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Factory tow hitch & modules?
surferchick2

Factory tow hitch & modules?

Hi there! We purchased an Evoque with a factory installed trailer hitch on it already. Anyone know if it's standard that this includes the brake assist module and trailer stability assist? I can't find any info on whether it does or not, if it doesn't, I may need to take it to the dealership and have them look. Thanks!
01-11-2016 11:04pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Factory tow hitch & modules?

Try signing into Land Rover Topix website and put in your car's VIN that should tell you what has been factory fitted in the way of standard equipment and options. You don't say which model year the car is and I think trailer stability assist only came in with 2015 or 2016MY's in Europe I don't see how brake assist would work on a trailer behind any Evoque as the only electrical connection between car and trailer would be the lighting system.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-11-2016 08:54pm
syl

There is no factory fit tow bar on the Evoque - bit of an oversight in my opinion. It's dealer fit.

Tow assist uses the rear view camera (you have to stick the special dots on your trailer / caravan). Trailer stability assist is part of DSC. I think they turn on when the trailer's electrics are connected up.

MY17 RR Evoque TD4 Autobiography
MY17 RRS SDV6 Autobiography
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2016 09:16pm by syl.)
02-11-2016 09:06pm
surferchick2

Thank you! I'll check it out and see what I can find with the vin info. It's a 2012 5 door. We just got a little Rpod trailer and was wondering what all was included with the tow hitch, and someone had mentioned a break assist module. I assumed it had been factory since it says Land Rover on the plug in cap. Ive appreciated the insight.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-11-2016 02:44am