Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Factory pics
Hiltonig

Factory pics

[attachment=4195]Here we go, had a chance to visit the factory to see my build, barololo black, autobiography , hud, active cruise control etc

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

18-01-2015 07:44pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
speedbird

RE: Factory pics

Stunning!!!

How did you arrange the visit? I wanted to do this. But dealer didn't know how I would do it. My build date is in Feb.
(This post was last modified: 18-01-2015 08:26pm by speedbird.)
18-01-2015 08:25pm
Hiltonig

(18-01-2015 08:25pm)speedbird Wrote:  Stunning!!!

How did you arrange the visit? I wanted to do this. But dealer didn't know how I would do it. My build date is in Feb.
Just Google halewood Range Rover experience, my dealer would only pay for the normal visit I wanted the vip tour which happens on your build day so it's a private tour. I paid the difference.

18-01-2015 09:09pm
MartinP

I think that's the first pic I've seen of an AB (apart from the few in the brochure) so thanks for that. What do the wheels look like in real life?

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
18-01-2015 09:21pm
Hiltonig

Well they look excellent , photos don't show the difference in detail but they are very different to the standard dynamic wheels. I originally had a prestige on order to changed to ab when hear it was being discontinued. I guess I wanted the interior of the prestige with the style,of the dynamic. The dynamic autobiography is yet to make an appearance

(This post was last modified: 18-01-2015 09:32pm by Hiltonig.)
18-01-2015 09:32pm
MartinP

A bit like my dilemma! Currently got a Prestige Lux, didn't like all the options of the Dynamic Lux so had to opt for the AB - even though it was costing me more than I wanted to spend.....and then I put a few toys on! Still, looking forward to getting it. I guess you will see yours early Feb?

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
18-01-2015 10:10pm
Hiltonig

(18-01-2015 10:10pm)MartinP Wrote:  A bit like my dilemma! Currently got a Prestige Lux, didn't like all the options of the Dynamic Lux so had to opt for the AB - even though it was costing me more than I wanted to spend.....and then I put a few toys on! Still, looking forward to getting it. I guess you will see yours early Feb?

Yes although I might wait till March to register it, it's on private plates so not sure what to do. Yes your dilemma was mine too, if you haven't got acc you will get a silver grill, so that was the only surprise as I would thought they would have done a silver acc grill.

Can I ask how you find the ride on the prestige, you could opt for adaptive dynamics but it's another extra, I also added traffic sign recognition

18-01-2015 10:41pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

There is a stickied item about how to book a day at Halewood, with all the contact details, in the Events section - http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Factory-V...-yourself. i see there was a Kaikura Stone Evoque in the background off your second photo! What are the black holes in the fog light mouldings for or had the car not finished build and was waiting for some trim parts to be added?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 19-01-2015 09:50am by XFullFatTim.)
19-01-2015 09:41am
MartinP

(18-01-2015 10:41pm)Hiltonig Wrote:  Yes although I might wait till March to register it, it's on private plates so not sure what to do. Yes your dilemma was mine too, if you haven't got acc you will get a silver grill, so that was the only surprise as I would thought they would have done a silver acc grill.

Can I ask how you find the ride on the prestige, you could opt for adaptive dynamics but it's another extra, I also added traffic sign recognition
I'm very happy with the ride in my Prestige with 19's so have not gone for the adaptive dynamics. Nor the ACC so I will get the silver grill. I found the tendency to keep adding bits too easy and the £ increasing too much so I had to draw the line somewhere!

19-01-2015 01:40pm
Hiltonig

There was quite a few stone coloured cars, very popular on the new discovery sport. I think there was some trim still to be added by hand after the car was built
19-01-2015 07:30pm