Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Extended Warranty. How much was yours?
IvorRedOne

Extended Warranty. How much was yours?

Guys, My car is coming to the end of it's warranty. The car is now 5 years old and I have just had the following quote:

Extended Warranty only is:£945
Extended Warranty with Land Rover Assistance is £1095 (Breakdown cover, Home calls if vehicle has problems)

Am I being ripped off here? I've never taken an extended warranty before on any of my cars so a bit Green when it comes to this.

Grateful for advice.
Very Happy
17-01-2017 11:44am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Steve D

RE: Extended Warranty. How much was yours?

I'm a mechanic by trade with a garage and tools at my disposal. I've never bothered with extended warranty's on any of our cars but I wouldn't have a modern Landrover without a warranty - they're just too complicated and expensive to fix when they go wrong. I'm thinking of selling ours with a few months LRA and warranty left on it plus one free service to come. If I change my mind and keep it when the warranty runs out in October this year, I'd pay that for peace of mind.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
17-01-2017 12:59pm
andyson3

Try Warranty Direct if you can get a better quote.
01-03-2017 11:45am
RogB

personally I wouldn't touch Warranty Direct or Warranty Wise with a barge pole.
Having bad dealing with Warranty Wise refusing to pay out for an item they covered in the paperwork but found a loophole to refuse the claim, I would for the LR warranty with assist. Maybe see if they will drop the price a bit.

2012 Evoque Pure 5 door - Santorini Black, 20'' style 6 wheels, privacy, fogs, (accident damaged wreck direct from LR approved :rollSmile
2011 Evoque Prestige 3 door - Indus Silver, gloss black 19'' style 5 wheels, privacy, partial black pack.

and a few Freelander 2 over the yearsLaughing
01-03-2017 01:09pm
Danible

(01-03-2017 11:45am)andyson3 Wrote:  Try Warranty Direct if you can get a better quote.

Warranty Direct does not offer a warrant for Evoque.
03-03-2017 11:19pm
Steve D

(17-01-2017 11:44am)IvorRedOne Wrote:  Guys, My car is coming to the end of it's warranty. The car is now 5 years old and I have just had the following quote:

Extended Warranty only is:£945
Extended Warranty with Land Rover Assistance is £1095 (Breakdown cover, Home calls if vehicle has problems)

Am I being ripped off here? I've never taken an extended warranty before on any of my cars so a bit Green when it comes to this.

Grateful for advice.
Very Happy

(17-01-2017 12:59pm)Steve D Wrote:  I'm a mechanic by trade with a garage and tools at my disposal. I've never bothered with extended warranty's on any of our cars but I wouldn't have a modern Landrover without a warranty - they're just too complicated and expensive to fix when they go wrong. I'm thinking of selling ours with a few months LRA and warranty left on it plus one free service to come. If I change my mind and keep it when the warranty runs out in October this year, I'd pay that for peace of mind.

Well, mines now up at the end of October and I got my extended warranty offer today. £945 or select extended warranty for £575. All I've had go wrong was the Keyless Vehicle Module pack up not long after we bought it. Fixed under warranty with a DS to run around in all arranged by LRA. It was so stress-free just leaving it to someone else for a change! I have one more free service in my package in early October. Definately keeping it, just trying to decide whether to have the full or select warranty. Don't need LRA as I have full family membership with the AA including relay etc.

Anyone else have the extended warranty? IvorRedOne, what did you do in the end?

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2017 05:01pm by Steve D.)
08-08-2017 04:57pm
IvorRedOne

(08-08-2017 04:57pm)Steve D Wrote:  Anyone else have the extended warranty? IvorRedOne, what did you do in the end?

I went with a Two year deal with Motoreasy which cost me £980. Which was around the same amount as LR wanted for a one year warranty.
Hopefully I wont need it but peace of mind. Smile
15-08-2017 10:01pm
Airover

The dealer in Manchester just sold me an AutoTrust Select Premium Extended 12 month warranty for £249. Thankfully never had reason to use it yet but at my last service with LR I was advised to ALWAYS buy a warranty which I will continue to do while I own the car.

Trouble is, never quite sure which to go for...

Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4, Santorini Black, Panoramic Roof & Stuff
18-08-2017 04:36pm