Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"Exclusive" deals for owners...
RacingSnake

"Exclusive" deals for owners...

Hi guys,
I keep getting invites to my local dealers 'exclusive' events - whereby they offer limiter time offers exclusive for existing customers.

I've ignored these in the past, but there is one running until Sunday, and I'm wondering what sort of deals are offered? Obviously they'll be dealer specific, but am curious if they're as good as %'s off, or are they things like preferential finance, or servicing deals etc?

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
19-02-2016 06:39pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shakeyjake

RE: "Exclusive" deals for owners...

(19-02-2016 06:39pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  Hi guys,
I keep getting invites to my local dealers 'exclusive' events - whereby they offer limiter time offers exclusive for existing customers.

I've ignored these in the past, but there is one running until Sunday, and I'm wondering what sort of deals are offered? Obviously they'll be dealer specific, but am curious if they're as good as %'s off, or are they things like preferential finance, or servicing deals etc?

I got invited along to my local dealer around a month ago and insulted with the offer that they gave on our 2 year old car. I had to laugh, they really thought that i would pay full whack for a new one and also offer peanuts for my one and actually looked confused when i told him to poke it. To add insult to that i received a txt asking if i would like to sell my car to them and to txt back for a valuation, they offered over 2k above the trade in that i was offered 2 days before hand which i would still considered to be crap.

2014 Zanzibar PureTech - Delivered on 01/03/2014 at 00:01...
2003 Td5 Discovery 2 in Epsom Green, awaiting the long list of Faults which are bound to come.
2008 Triumph 675triple Daytona my sweet, my love, my precious....
Moved on from Jap Crap and looking forward to nothing but British Eccentricity.
19-02-2016 09:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

Interesting, I suspected that might have been part of the deal - maybe I'll go along and see what they come up with.... and live in hope I get a 10% discount off a new car Laughing

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
19-02-2016 09:52pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

Well Jake - it appears you were right - athough you still appear to have done better than me.

There were no 'exclusive' deals, there was no 'VIP' treatment/offers, it was by all accounts a regular day in the office.
What a complete load of rubbish - I was asking after the cabrio, and they said there really was nothing they could do at all.
and couldn't give me a valuation until Monday.

What a complete waste of my time - so a letter will be on it's way to them.

20-02-2016 12:51pm
RacingSnake

Seems my letter ruffled some feathers - I got a call from the "Customer Retention Manager", who wants to meet with me this Saturday.... it had better be productive!

22-02-2016 08:38pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I haved also received invites to "special" preferred customer events recently, I have also had invites to take my car in for "special price" first servicing which is odd seeing as the dealer knows that my car has the 5 year service pack option! Grange Garage has also very kindly invited me to a Winter BBQ event next weekend but unfortunately I cannot attend

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 22-02-2016 10:17pm by XFullFatTim.)
22-02-2016 10:17pm
RacingSnake

Just got back from my 2 hr 'meeting'.
The retention manager was late - not a good start! But they went off to 'value' my car for trade in.

We sat down went through the options etc, my desired spec came in at just under 60k - so a lot of money.
I was transferred to a 'senior' salesman who went through the usual patter.

The crux of my whole 2 hours:
I'd have my order prioritised
I'd get the servicing 'pack' for free
No discount on the car (or free extras)
And the value on my car was decreased by £2k from their speculative figure!!

I argued about the value, but although the car is 'mint', they need to add on VAT (do they?), and supply it with a 2 year warranty.
It was at this point I decided to call it a day - having told me my car would "retail" at 31k, I expected at least relatively close to this figure - perhaps hiding the discount off the new car within the part-ex cost.

I'll be getting a call on Monday, but I can't see this "deal" going forward - pretty disappointed really.

27-02-2016 03:01pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Thing is that the dealers have more business than they can handle at the moment. They possibly don't want to buy your car seeing as they will have their forecourts covered with used cars in a week's time after the change of registration year............... Wait until June/July and the dealers will once more be sending around invitations advising that they have low stock and would be interested in taking your car in for a part ex........ At prices that suit them but not you.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 27-02-2016 04:09pm by XFullFatTim.)
27-02-2016 04:09pm
RacingSnake

Thats very true I guess - I'm just amazed they wouldn't offset it against the cost of a new car either.
I'll get on the phone over the next couple of days and speak to some other dealers further away.

27-02-2016 05:27pm