Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Excited about getting my first ever "Indian" car
SINGHY

Excited about getting my first ever "Indian" car

Hello to my fellow Evoque drivers, I'll be joining you next March when I get mine, my mates think I'm a bit mad buying an Indian car built in Liverpool and designed by a spice girl, I think they're just a tad jealous really. Although I've placed my order I haven't actually seen a Pure 5 door in the flesh so any pics featuring standard wheels would be appreciated.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
14-10-2011 08:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rchrdleigh

RE: Excited about getting my first ever "Indian" car

Fortunately for you the Spice Girl had zero input into the design of the Pure.
14-10-2011 08:44pm
Jonathon555

[Image: IMG_0927.jpg]

Pure with standard wheels

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
14-10-2011 09:26pm
SINGHY

(14-10-2011 09:26pm)Jonathon555 Wrote:  [Image: IMG_0927.jpg]

Pure with standard wheels

Thanks Jonathan 555, pleased with my choice and the wife thinks this one in Orkney grey is the colour to go for but I'm unsure.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
14-10-2011 10:08pm
Barneyridge

Three words not to bring up, delays, xenons and the big one Orkney Grey Smile

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
16-10-2011 04:23am
mark_n

India is a pretty chaotic not to mention expensive country to do business in, maybe their real aim is to recreate that authentic Indian atmosphere in Halewood... soon to be renamed "Delhiwood" with a stream of visitors to marvel at the smooth running production process.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 16-10-2011 07:37am by mark_n.)
16-10-2011 07:36am
is21

(16-10-2011 07:36am)mark_n Wrote:  India is a pretty chaotic not to mention expensive country to do business in, maybe their real aim is to recreate that authentic Indian atmosphere in Halewood... soon to be renamed "Delhiwood" with a stream of visitors to marvel at the smooth running production process.

Laughing Finally everything makes Sense!!
16-10-2011 10:48am
trackmonkey

(16-10-2011 10:48am)is21 Wrote:  
(16-10-2011 07:36am)mark_n Wrote:  India is a pretty chaotic not to mention expensive country to do business in, maybe their real aim is to recreate that authentic Indian atmosphere in Halewood... soon to be renamed "Delhiwood" with a stream of visitors to marvel at the smooth running production process.

Laughing Finally everything makes Sense!!

Thats harsh, funny in the current climate but harsh.

You should know that everyone on the track works very hard to build the Evoque/Freelander and create the volumes required, but also to the high standard set by you the customer.

You should also know that one shift last week we built 330 units with a First Time Through of over 80% and thats including units built with parts shortages. Not bad for an 8 1/2 hour shift.

I understand your frustration of delays and set backs which are beyond our (line workers) control, but trust me your cars are built with pride and passion. Its certainly not good for the factory and our future when incidents happen that stop us from reaching our targets and keeping you the customer happy.

So please hang in there we are definately moving swiflty in the right direction and aim to fulfil your orders asap. We have now built nearly 18k units and our target is 650 a day over 2 shifts so hopefully your new cars will be with you soon. (you lucky people).

Halewood needs your custom to secure our future.
Thanks
Trackmonkey.Cool
16-10-2011 11:50am
Grah

Many thanks for that Trackmonkey - its reassuring, and there is a lot of support for you here, and your effort is appreciated. Very glad that UK can show it can still make things well, and you have a product you can be proud of.

BTW, there's a Firenze 5 door prestige going down your line soon - please look after it!
16-10-2011 03:43pm
mark_n

My comment about Halewood was of course tongue in cheek - I visited the plant on Sept 20 and there's no doubting the commitment to get it right. There have been a number of setbacks since then, not least the tragic death of Graham Begley, and the continuing uncertainty over parts shortages is inevitably leading to frustration and us asking the question "Do they know what they are doing?" to the extent I am now on my fifth delivery date.

I suppose the real issue is a lack of information. As I have said before, we would be less dissatisfied with the situation if we felt we had more information.

The Evoque is good news for Liverpool, Land Rover and the UK in equal measure. Oh, and the customers too.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 16-10-2011 11:25pm by mark_n.)
16-10-2011 05:49pm