Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ex Freelander Owners Which RRE Did You Get?
5jms5

Ex Freelander Owners Which RRE Did You Get?

Hi Folks

With Steve D joining from FL2 site I wondered who changed from which Freelander to a babyrr and if like me you are pleased.

I had a XS Freelander 2 also had a HSE one at work. I knew the spec I wanted when I bought the Evoque.

I got a Dynamic Lux with a few more additions. I find the overall package great, the limited boot space is the only slight draw back.

So who else has owned both and what are your thoughts?
(This post was last modified: 18-10-2015 06:37pm by 5jms5.)
18-10-2015 06:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barton Evoque

RE: Ex Freelander Owners Which RRE Did You Get?

I went from a freelander gs td4 to a Evoque pure td4 best move ever no regrets

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
18-10-2015 07:20pm
The Valeter

At the very end of 2011 I sold my 59 plate Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual as I had ordered a new Evoque Dynamic Lux 2.0 Si4 for March 1st 2012.
At the very beginning of 2013 I was offered a very good price for my Evoque so sold it & immediately ordered another but this time went for a Pure Tech SD4 Manual as I wanted to bespoke my car this time.
June 2014 again I was offered a price I couldn't refuse so sold it & that was that, didn't replace it with anything as I had recently bought a new Ford Fiesta ST2 that is awesome fun.

However in late Summer/Early Autumn I was wowed by the limited edition Freelander Metropolis in Black with Ivory Nappa leather & even more so given the price was somewhat less than the equivalent 2014 HSE Luxury. It also had the SD4 Auto command shift with lots of nice extras including the 825W Meridian system, heated steering wheel etc so bought one.
Never thought I would have bought another Freelander as I couldn't wait to sell the first one but this one has much Evoque technology & nice extras it was an easy decision to make!!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
18-10-2015 10:12pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lurcher

Went from a 2014 GS FL2 last week (had 6 since 2001) to a 2015 Pure Tech Auto/Privacy/Pan Roof/Corris last week , its the 1st auto we have had but early impressions are good .
Agree regarding the boot space but we can live with that as there are just 2 of us now , missed the folding mirrors I had on the FL2's but welcome the addition of the Sat Nav .

2015 Corris SD4 Auto Pure Tech 5 Door Pan Roof and Privacy Glass
19-10-2015 06:52am
5jms5

Wow good on you The Valeter. I didn't have any major issues with my FL2 but was glad to see it go. I am really enjoying the babyrr. It is good to see that you went back and forth owning them both.
I suppose the Evoque is the closest replacement JLR have for the FL2 and if you are not keen on its shape you will have to buy another brand. All Land Rovers are styled very similar to the Ewok.
19-10-2015 06:55am
The Valeter

It is strange how things pan out as if someone had said to me whilst I had either of my Evoque's that sometime would I get another Freelander I would have laughed but I have to say the Metropolis in the Black & Ivory is lovely & the best thing about it is it was the most sought after colour combination & since they stopped making it the late Freelander's have become desirable partly as I guess some don't like the DS & this model is very sought after so should do me well when I sell it.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 19-10-2015 09:25am by The Valeter.)
19-10-2015 09:23am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gjh0702

Went from Freelander XS manual to Evoque Prestige - miss the space but rest is good
will be looking next year to replace but may look 'outside' e.g X3 or forthcoming Merc

Prestige 5 door ,my 2014,Loire Blue, Silver Roof, Panoramic roof, privacy glass, 20in Alloy style 7
19-10-2015 08:15pm