Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoques going tomorrow
Westy

Evoques going tomorrow

It's been a lovely three year relationship

Car has never missed a beat, I have done just under 97000 miles in this time, one full set of 18inch scorpions (yes 8 tyres in this time) only and two sets of pads all round, it is safe to say that this has been one of the best cars I have ever owned including German cars and I have been driving for 30 years, has been a great family car, amazing towcar and averaged around 36mpg.

Still feels as tight and special today as it did when it arrived in February 2012. My service dealer guy salmon coventry have been excellent, yes in the early days I had some small issues, one squeak, creak, Bluetooth module replaced but all was sorted and "just add fuel" for the remaining period.

Will miss the car a lot, the company I work for has done a deal with VW globally and tomorrow my new q5 will come. (I would have had another in a flash)

I hope it will be half as good as my Evoque.

Will still keep an eye on the forum, great friendly forum and was really helpful in my early days as well as entertaining towards the end.

Will be selling my roof rails on eBay soon if any one is interested.

Thanks for all the constructive advice and banter over this time. I wish you all the best, keen to see what the facelift in the summer will bring.

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
24-03-2015 07:28pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Evoques going tomorrow

Westy I'm pleased that you have had such a great experience with your Evoque, I think not enough people speak up with their good experiences and you certainly have done many more miles in 3 years than most of us will ever do in 5 or even 10 years of driving. Amazing that you also got such good life out of your tyres and brake pads too. I hope that your Q5 lives up to the claims for good build and superb economy.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 24-03-2015 07:54pm by XFullFatTim.)
24-03-2015 07:52pm
Westy

I remember your first car, I was very envious, nice spec and remember yours too was good car too. I have had a great time with the car

Been on 4 different land rover event days and driven many different LR products.

Great memories RRS and full fat RR drives on the event days as well as amazing Evoque off road drives (early production models back in oct 2011)

Looking forward to seeing your new defender and possibly the new model defender, I bet you have a deposit on one?

Thanks again to a great forum

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

24-03-2015 08:03pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Westy, my "new Defender" is now an RRS2 HSE Dynamic and will be delivered on Saturday. TBH my current Evoque has been a good car let down by stupid faults that QC should have picked up and endless finger poking in the gearbox ECU by Land Rover's boffins trying to make it better when every re-program actually makes it worse.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
24-03-2015 08:16pm
Westy

RRS is my current favourite car, out of all the land rover models I have driven I think this is the best car they have and from what I hear it has the best reliability now.

I understand the solihull models are now beating the halewood models for quality, I loved the feel of the RRS it felt so agile yet at the same time very special.

Enjoy I am sure James has sorted you a nice car. Enjoy

24-03-2015 08:24pm
ceebee

Re: Evoques going tomorrow

Good luck with the Q5 Westy.

Just keep in touch and make sure you let us know all the bad things about the new car (and none of the good) so we can still feel smug with our Evoques!SmileSmile

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
24-03-2015 11:36pm
jitenc

Westy, when you see an Evoque overtake you on the motorway, you can always say that,'All good thing come to an end.'

Enjoy the new car and occasionally, have a nip at it on the Q5 forum!

Happy Motoring.

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
25-03-2015 12:40am
Evo-king

Great post Westy.

Beats a lot of the negativity around and gives us all hope.

My new car has Scorpions, not that I'll ever achieve that kind of mileage (my 35K miles per year are over).

As for the Q5 lets hope it's half as good.

Seriously, I hope it serves you well.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
25-03-2015 08:57am
PhilSkill

Glad you enjoyed your car Westy, good to hear high mileage ones still running well.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
25-03-2015 08:41pm
Kojak

Very refreshing read Westy.

I hope you have the same fortune with the Q5.

OUT - Pure SD4, Orkney Grey, 5 dr, Manual, Fogs, Xenons, Auto dim mirror, Auto lights / wipers, Power fold mirrors, spare wheel.
IN - Dynamic SD4, Indus Silver, 5 dr, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Auto Dim mirror, Spare wheel.
25-03-2015 08:51pm