Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque special edition
harrysbar

Evoque special edition

Morning All,

I currently looking at purchasing the evoque special edition with 50000 miles on a 13 plate, a very nice car not cheap by any standards looking at the mileage.

I would appreciate any comments/suggestions from anybody because I can`t make up my mind wether to spend a large amount of my hard earned dosh on a car.

I am retired so mi income is shall we say on the lower scale. I currently have a Kia Sportage

Thanks in anticipation

Ken
09-11-2017 09:21am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benzina

RE: Evoque special edition

Runnings costs will be substantially higher then running a Kia Sportage, perhaps double.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2017 10:56am by benzina.)
09-11-2017 10:54am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Which special edition is it because there haven’t been many Evoque special editions in the UK. Most have been based on the Dynamic but one or two have been based on the base car too.
Is the car being sold by a Land Rover franchised dealership or is it outside the LR dealer network - I ask because Evoque, like all Land Rover products, is best bought within the LR Approved used system with 24 months extendable warranty. You will pay more but will,also be covered for more

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2017 11:45am by XFullFatTim.)
09-11-2017 11:43am
harrysbar

(09-11-2017 10:54am)benzina Wrote:  Runnings costs will be substantially higher then running a Kia Sportage, perhaps double.

Cheers for that and I have done a cross reference with running costs which yes I did see that the cost were higher but that was something I could live with just so I could have that bit more luxury, i that goes with age knocking on the door of 66. Laughing

(09-11-2017 11:43am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Which special edition is it because there haven’t been many Evoque special editions in the UK. Most have been based on the Dynamic but one or two have been based on the base car too.
Is the car being sold by a Land Rover franchised dealership or is it outside the LR dealer network - I ask because Evoque, like all Land Rover products, is best bought within the LR Approved used system with 24 months extendable warranty. You will pay more but will,also be covered for more

To be honest I`m not that sure but I looked on autotrader and there`s only 5 listed which yes is a bit of a contradiction. The dealer is a local family run business which as been there for some years and as a good reputation.

My local LR dealer does have the dynamic model which is the one I have been looking at and it`s in white with a black roof and I do like it and yes your right it is slightly dearer which I will be going to take look today/tomorrow.
Thanks for the info though and I see where your coming from.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2017 01:12pm by harrysbar.)
09-11-2017 01:05pm
bee

go for it mate, i did and never regretted it. Smile

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
09-11-2017 06:15pm
harrysbar

I`ve seen a 59 plate Vogue SE and I think I`ve fell in love with this Range Rover.

Decisions Decisions

(09-11-2017 06:15pm)bee Wrote:  go for it mate, i did and never regretted it. Smile

Cheers Buddy
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2017 07:21pm by harrysbar.)
09-11-2017 06:37pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

59 Plate Vogue SE - - L322 Range Rover aka The Full Fat Range Rover. I’ve owned two - a 2003 TD6 SE and a 2010 TDv8 Vogue - beautiful cars but very costly to fix when things go wrong, and there is a lot to go wrong both under the bonnet and under the car as they have a very complex air suspension system. Totally different car to an Evoque - they give you a really feeling that you have made it as you look down on everyone else on the road......... they re generally reliable and they have a great forum for potential and existing owners at FullFatRR.com. I would have the 59 plate Vogue SE over the younger Evoque any day, but be prepared for some expensive costs - not least fuel costs, even in diesel form they are not economy cars. They will also take you miles further off road than any Evoque!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2017 10:33pm by XFullFatTim.)
09-11-2017 10:32pm
sasdiscos

I came from a 59 plate autobiography, they are two very different beasts, make sure that you have a good warranty if you go for the ffrr, i didn't and learnt the very hard way. They are old now, barn door old compared to the newer range rovers, id have a discovery 4 hse over a ff this time round, miss my discovery loads, but that another story.

The evoque is a car by 4x4 standards but will go off road, smaller inside than you think, not great on fuel but then not horrendous.

Mine has been faultless since purchase but do I wish i hadn't bothered? well yes, wish id kept my discovery, I actually have mine up for sale at the mo, but suspect i will keep it long term now.

Steve
10-11-2017 01:43pm
harrysbar

Thanks to all for info and advice

I have settled on 2014 Dynamic Evoque from LR only 9000 miles.

2 year warrenty and I was happy with my trade in. No pictures has yet.

Actually collect the vehicle today.

Cheers
17-11-2017 10:48am
PhilSkill

Enjoy, you'll love it, pics are always welcome!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-11-2017 10:52am