Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque sales in economic climate
Alex

I’m amazed at how well the Evoque is doing in the current economic climate, but from what I have read car sales in general have risen compared to last year.  Perhaps this positive trend in an uncertain economic climate is due to finance deals, either way is doesn’t appear to reflect the same negative mood seen on the news day in and day out.

Unfortunately despite the economic climate my finance deal with LR is not as good as the one I had from Ford four years previous! My APR is coming in around 9.9%, but none the less I’m still in a position to afford the vehicle. However last month I was questioning whether I should cancel my order wondering if buying a new vehicle in current conditions is a smart thing to do (have to admit this is mainly driven by the speculation we are seeing in the media).

But none the less, when I read about all the recent current sales/future sales that the Evoque has generated, sales for the Focus, Fiesta, VW Golf, BMW 3 Series (plus many others) and the future market not looking to healthy I’m puzzled why this has not been escalated as a positive trend on the news circuit.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
02-12-2011 08:24am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barneyridge

RE: Evoque sales in economic climate

(02-12-2011 08:24am)Alex Wrote:   I’m puzzled why this has not been escalated as a positive trend on the news circuit.

Easy ........ Positive news does not sell.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
02-12-2011 09:08am
cjfp

Agree - half of this 'trouble' would go away if the news didn't only spread bad news.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
02-12-2011 09:27am
Evo-king

(02-12-2011 09:27am)cjfp Wrote:  Agree - half of this 'trouble' would go away if the news didn't only spread bad news.

I'm with you cjfp, it spreads negativity.

By buying the Evoque you are supporting a British production facility, and hopefully a lot of British suppliers, let's keep it going.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
02-12-2011 05:10pm
Straydox

(02-12-2011 08:24am)Alex Wrote:  I’m amazed at how well the Evoque is doing in the current economic climate, but from what I have read car sales in general have risen compared to last year.  Perhaps this positive trend in an uncertain economic climate is due to finance deals, either way is doesn’t appear to reflect the same negative mood seen on the news day in and day out.

Unfortunately despite the economic climate my finance deal with LR is not as good as the one I had from Ford four years previous! My APR is coming in around 9.9%, but none the less I’m still in a position to afford the vehicle. However last month I was questioning whether I should cancel my order wondering if buying a new vehicle in current conditions is a smart thing to do (have to admit this is mainly driven by the speculation we are seeing in the media).

But none the less, when I read about all the recent current sales/future sales that the Evoque has generated, sales for the Focus, Fiesta, VW Golf, BMW 3 Series (plus many others) and the future market not looking to healthy I’m puzzled why this has not been escalated as a positive trend on the news circuit.

We have had recessions before - it seems this one is effecting sectors of society that have a voice/are of topical interest to the media. I work in IT sales and have done so for nearly 25 years now - back in the post Y2k period 2001-2005 many of us had a torrid time with multiple redundancies as our industry had its own dark days.

If you put the bad news in the media to one side for a moment and look outside it somehow seems to not be reflected elsewhere - restaurants and theatres are sold out rapidly and many car brands have 5 month lead-times. The world of commerce is changing away from the high street shops to the internet - many fashion brands will tell you that more than 50% of their sales are on-line now - more shops will close for sure. The media report retail high street closures negatively because of the impact on employment but never say 'but the web side of their business from some warehouse in the back of beyond is going exceptionally well'.

There is more uncertainty around not helped by media coverage and people are more cautious with discretionary expenditure but the money is still there all the same.

I looked a LR Finance (to do a Lease Purchase) via my local dealer who was also offering deals through Black Horse who were much nearer the real world (and less than your 9.9%) - would respectfully suggest you get a quote there too.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
02-12-2011 06:19pm
LIONHEAD

Is 9.9% APR common in your area for a new car? That sounds high to me. I was offered 1.9% for 3 years and 2.9% for 4 years through the local bank via the LR dealer. I chose 3 years. Same numbers with my 2012 GL450 that I bought a few weeks earlier than the Evoque through MB Financial.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2011 06:02am by LIONHEAD.)
04-12-2011 06:01am
gomark

I just got 3.2% interest rate / 6.6% APR

04-12-2011 08:11am
ED209

coversely it could be a sign of economic gloom if people are downsizing in order to buy their evoques.
04-12-2011 09:42am
Alex

(04-12-2011 09:42am)ED209 Wrote:  coversely it could be a sign of economic gloom if people are downsizing in order to buy their evoques.

True - but I have had to travel several trips this year and flew business class (BA) was going to places such as Sydney, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Seattle etc. Every flight business, first were always sold out, including economy plus while the average crowd in theses sectors were all families and not necessarily business people. So if people must still be able to afford the high cost tickets to various destinations, but perhaps they are downsizing as well or getting good deals.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
04-12-2011 11:38am
ED209

could be people getting upgraded for free to fill the seats?
04-12-2011 12:02pm