Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque roof boxes
Witace12

Evoque roof boxes

Hello, I am usually an avid defender2.net user and I have recently been looking at the Evoque roof boxes so popped over to here to ask if anyone could kindly show some pictures of their Evoque with roof box on if you have any?

Thanks

Pharmacy Technician School St. Louis
31-10-2014 11:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Evoque roof boxes

If you follow the link in the first post of this thread you should find one picture of the posters car with a roof box fitted. I have one for mine but don't think I have any photos of it

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Vienna-to...ht=roofbox

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
01-11-2014 08:17am
JavierBayArea

Here's mine.

The roof rails and cross bars are from ebay, $400ish for both.

The one thing i feel i need to improve somehow is the wind noise caused by the box.

My theory is that our roof is not horizontal. So the front of the box is higher than the rear, causing some sort of wing effect causing turbulence and up-force. Also the MPG seems to go down by at least 4 on the highway.

What i'm thinking of doing is putting some sort of rubber on the rear of the box clamps so that the back stands higher.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2014 11:10pm by JavierBayArea.)
06-11-2014 10:35pm
XFullFatTim

If it were not for my Panoramic Roof I wouldn't know that my Land Rover accessory roof box (probably a rebranded Thule box) was on the car, that is how quiet the Land Rover one is!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
07-11-2014 01:41am
JavierBayArea

If you can't take pictures can you describe how it's different than mine?

does it go beyond the windshield like in my case?, is it horizontal to the ground or tilted in a certain degree?
07-11-2014 02:03am
XFullFatTim

The Land Rover roof box has adjustable foot clamps so you can use the same box on different models - this also means that the box can be "trimmed" further back or forward on the roof, don't know if the Thule has these sliding clamp feet. You can just make them out in this photo of the underside of the box. Inside the box are four knobs that you turn to tighten the clamps on the crossbars.
[Image: DSCF1214_zpsfbbba23c.jpg]

The crossbars should be the same if you have the LR roof rails
[Image: DSCF1213_zps4715b570.jpg]

The roof box in position - but by loosening the four clamps I can slide the box forward or backward as required and this might be where your noise is coming from - have you tried sliding the box back a little
[Image: DSCF1215_zps387c3efd.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014 07:09pm by XFullFatTim.)
07-11-2014 04:01pm
JavierBayArea

Looks like your rear crossbars are mounted way more to the front than mine. Maybe that flattens the box instead of making a wing out of it.

On a side note, it's funny you were right, the factory box it's a Thule Force rebranded as Land Rover.

http://www.thule.com/en-us/us/products/c...-_-1680037
07-11-2014 06:57pm
XFullFatTim

I cannot mount the crossbars any other way as there are location holes in the roofrails that the crossbars have to engage in for extra security at speed - it also makes them somewhat fiddly to put on the rails, also the end covers will only fit either on the left side or the right side (the plastic is marked to show which side they go which helps!). I was very sceptical when I bought them that the set up would be quiet at speed and that there would be no detrimental effect on fuel consumption - I need not have worried on either count. I was also surprised that I can put the crossbars and box on the car without assistance in less than 10 minutes (the hardest bit is opening the locks on each of the box cover!)

All of the roof rail accessories and some of the towing bits from Land Rover are re-branded Thule

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014 07:11pm by XFullFatTim.)
07-11-2014 07:00pm
ChuckieB

Yep. There are 4 locating holes 2 on each side that the crossbars have to locate in. The bars should only locate in one place when fitted correctly.

Your rear bars are well back from where they need to be. The fronts are there or there abouts but the holes act as the guide to ensure they are fitted correctly.

See this thread with some more close ups.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-LR-bespok...ze-profile

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2014 01:41am by ChuckieB.)
08-11-2014 01:23am
carlfraz

Not quite a roof box but I use a Thule 900 Boot box too which adds another 420 litres of boot space, add to that the 640 litre roof box I have I'm half way to my Disco 4 boot size!!

MY14 9 speed SD4 Dynamic Orkney with Santorini Black roof, Panoramic roof, Roof rails, Ebony head liner, Aero Flip, Black Rangey badges, Intelligence pack, , LUX pack, bonnet vents 5Dr, 20" Shadow Chrome wheels, towbar, heated fr/rr seats and rear climate vents, Privacy glass, Wade sensing, Adaptive headlights, Gloss Black Strata trim, heated steering wheel, Black Union Flag Dust caps Black Landy Oval badges.....think that's all for the moment???LaughingLaughing
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2015 01:20am by carlfraz.)
09-01-2015 01:11am