Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque detailing photos
jiggyjaggy

Evoque detailing photos

Hi guys found this on another site. Some great photos here. Although it is a new car, great work by done these guys... car looks great!

Detailing World
21-11-2011 08:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
griff

RE: Evoque detailing photos

FYI that's my car!
Richard Harman does a great job and I would recommend him to anyone.
Cheers
Griff

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
21-11-2011 09:55pm
LDT

Rolling with Laughter

I expect that has made your day Griff!

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
21-11-2011 09:56pm
griff

Small world isn't itLaughing
Paulas599 - think that answers your question.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof

At home and superb.
(This post was last modified: 21-11-2011 09:59pm by griff.)
21-11-2011 09:57pm
Daigriff

I need someone for mine arriving 14th December...hopefully.
Anyone know anyone in north west/ north Wales area who comes recommended.

Thanks

DG

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
21-11-2011 09:59pm
LDT

Any recommendations in the Cardiff area please - would be gratefully received.

L.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
21-11-2011 10:06pm
The Valeter

Being a valeter myself but not a "Detailer" I really can't see how a brand new car needs to have tar removed, clayed & fallout removed? Surely if that is the case that bode too well for the manufacturing process unless it has been parked near a railwayline etc?

The protection packages that are offered by dealers/some valeters are fine if applied properly & will seal the carpet/fabrics in the same way just as Scotchgaurd is used on housewares. They do offer a good sealant on the paint too so long as the car is wahed with proper shampoo etc.
I can't see the benefit of sealing dash trims either tbh or even if it actually makes any difference after all if they get fingermarks etc use a microfibre cloth.
I am very fussy indeed with my own cars which I enter into shows etc & I have never sealed interior plastics etc.
Rimwax or products like the Supagaurd/Diamondbrite wheel sealers work well too as I have them & used them on customers cars as well as my own. The problem with wheels is the abuse they get with weather, brake dust etc.
I'm not knocking anyone elses work, far from it, I just think some applications are not neccessary though I will be more than happy to be corrected if I could pysically see the results.
Have to say that the Evoque in the pictures did look stunning but then it should given it is new.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 21-11-2011 11:05pm by The Valeter.)
21-11-2011 11:03pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
griff

@The Valeter - thanks for the comments matey. When I asked Richard to detail the car it had a lot of grime on it as I had asked that it was not touched by the dealer. The difference between start - dull and covered in muck from its silicon covering to a deep gloss where you can see almost each metallic chip is amazing. The detailing is also done with a view to long term ownership and protection detail from the start. Protection being the operative word.
And by the way for those who are interested Ipanema Sand is a greenie silver ,not Beige.
Cheers

At home and superb.
(This post was last modified: 21-11-2011 11:34pm by griff.)
21-11-2011 11:30pm
paulus599

That looks fantastic Griff, really good job especially if that's only a temporary finish on the paintwork.
One question, does the product he put on the leather leave any smell, or mask the smell of the leather at all?
Just curious as that's the same product that the detailer I will be using will apply.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
22-11-2011 10:51am
griff

Smell hung for about 1/2 hour then went completely back to that lovely leather odour.

At home and superb.
22-11-2011 10:59am