Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque - aging badly....
Amadeus

RE: Evoque - aging badly....

They are still quite rare here in Sydney - don't see them everyday - and I still get comments on what a beauty she is.

eD4 Pure Fuji Coupe | Tech Pack | Pano Roof | Cirrus Leather | Powerfold Mirrors | Xenons | 19" Style 3s | arr 5Apr13
22-11-2013 11:58am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
scrannel

Actually... I think the current line of Jags aged badly -- out of the box. The Evoque is, IMHO, very color dependent. But the new Jags are clunky in all colors. My LR dealer is now the Jag dealer and was by to check out the F-Type etc and the one car that stood out on the floor was a Dynamic, Ork Grey with 20" wheels. Shamed the Jags.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
22-11-2013 05:23pm
tetstb

My Ork Grey Dynamic on Style 7 20' looks great but the build quality is shocking and its not taking the miles very well so I can imagine by the time I've had it for 4 years it will be a real bucket of bolts

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
22-11-2013 07:19pm
mstraka

Here in New Orleans, USA I've had my Evoque Coupe for 5 months . During this time I've only seen 3 other Evoques on the road. Most people don't know what it is. No advertising to promote it. Other Range and Land Rovers are quite common because of our tendency here to have flooded streets and roads that are in terrible condition.
23-11-2013 02:33am
HeartbreakRidge

(23-11-2013 02:33am)mstraka Wrote:  Here in New Orleans, USA I've had my Evoque Coupe for 5 months . During this time I've only seen 3 other Evoques on the road. Most people don't know what it is. No advertising to promote it. Other Range and Land Rovers are quite common because of our tendency here to have flooded streets and roads that are in terrible condition.

I think the only advertising I have seen are TV ads for the new Range Rover Sport!

MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red, Lunar/Cirrus interior, Climate Care & Vision Assist packages
Built: March 10, 2014 / Delivery Date (three weeks early!): March 26, 2014
24-11-2013 07:58pm
scrannel

(24-11-2013 07:58pm)HeartbreakRidge Wrote:  I think the only advertising I have seen are TV ads for the new Range Rover Sport!

In So. Cali I see Evoque ads a lot on TV: it's the one with some genius engineer (?) sketching and producing the Evoque.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
24-11-2013 09:55pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The only Evoque ad we seem to have here in the UK is one where city boy goes offroading, comes home , washes the mud off his Fuji Evoque and then his wife/girlfriend takes it off shopping. However Evqoue has also been featured in other ads nothing to do with Land Rover - Allianz Insurance comes to mind

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 24-11-2013 10:01pm by XFullFatTim.)
24-11-2013 10:01pm
barks

I have to agree...everybody's entitled to their opinion...doesn't mean I have to agree with it. I feel that the minimal changes to the looks at each MY update means they got it right the first time. It also helps with resale values as it doesn't date the car so much..unlike many other brands who seem to change styling just for the sake of change. We're lucky in Oz, not too many around so they still grab people's attention..still a fantastic looking car IMHO!!

2012 SD4 Pure Orkney Grey, Almond Espresso Interior, Tech Pack, Clear View Pack, Style 6 Wheels, Heated Seats, Rear Cam, pano Roof.
26-11-2013 04:54am
heronb

Styling still looks sharp in my eyes and those are the ones that count
26-11-2013 04:43pm
IvorRedOne

Personally, I don't think you will see a better looking car on the road. Even The New Jaguar SUV doesn't even cut it even though it seems to have been based on the Evoque.
26-11-2013 05:00pm