Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If you were considering getting an Evoque by June 2013 would you buy now or wait
pn12

If you were considering getting an Evoque by June 2013 would you buy now or wait

We're considering an Evoque as our next family car, and I've seen some of the deals people have been getting on them currently: $65k+ for a well specced SI4, due to the rebates the dealers are currently getting.

We'll probably get a new car (not brand new but up to 2 years old) by middle of next year, so I assume that it will be cheaper to get a MY12 when the MY13s have come out than if we get one now?

Also by say Mar-Apr 2013 there should be more nearly new cars out there.

Does this logic seem sound?

Of course we'd love one now, but if it means saving a few thousand then waiting would be ok.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

PN
02-12-2012 01:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DefLeppard

RE: If you were considering getting an Evoque by June 2013 would you buy now or wait

I don't think you would save much by waiting. No real difference in the MY12 to MY13. The MY13's have been rolling out of the factory since August I believe?
You're best bet seems to be the subsidised Si4 the dealers have at the moment. Or an ex demo/in stock car.
Buying one second hand to match your spec requirements might be hard - depends how fussy you are - given the 3million combinations available!

Good luck in your search.

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
03-12-2012 06:35am
QUEEVO

My thought would be to get your order in ASAP... It seems you have an eta of your own but why wait??

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
03-12-2012 11:27am
Amadeus

RE: If you were considering getting an Evoque by June 2013 would you buy now or wait

There seem to be some MY11 models still out there to be had from dealers along with MY12 and MY13. Certainly if buying brand new to order it's a 6mth wait. If there weren't so many choices it would be a lot easier!

eD4 Pure Fuji Coupe | Tech Pack | Pano Roof | Cirrus Leather | Powerfold Mirrors | Xenons | 19" Style 3s | arr 5Apr13
04-12-2012 07:09pm
pn12

Thanks for the thoughts all.

We'll probably hold off but keep our eyes peeled in case a good run-out deal starts or a suitable demonstrator comes on the market.
05-12-2012 11:39am