Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque Tuning/Remap/Chip
mnd

RE: Evoque Tuning/Remap/Chip

Also interested an finding somebody who can chip the Si4.

However, i'd be keen to explore other intake and exhaust mods. Anybody know of places in Australia that may have bolt-on front-pipe, dump pipe, or full exhaust systems? In my previous expereinces, these types of upgrade offer significant power increases without touching boost or electronics (and hence potential warrenty issues)
What about air intakes? Can't seem to find anybody who makes a replacement POD filter or cold-air intake.
11-05-2012 06:12am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
smayo

Full remaps are the best way to get the most out of any engine, as they will be mapped to match each individual engine. However.....you need to make sure that anyone who does this will allow further remapping at a minimal/no charge if LR do an update on your ECU which will wipe the remap, and could end up as money down the drain.
I don't think manufacturers update the ECU software very much but it's more likely with the Evoque being such a new car on the roads that LR might need to do this.
The remap can also with a clever enough LR technician be identified and can affect warranty claims.
This is why there are a lot of people considering the tuning box option. While not as good as remapping, as they are generic power upgrades, they are removeable so don't suffer the above issues.

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
11-05-2012 08:38am
Kaiser

(10-05-2012 01:40pm)QUEEVO Wrote:  A personal decision Kaiser. Generally speaking, there will be a 20-30% power gain. Traditionally used for towing or intense off-road. Others talk about a more even torque and less "flat spots" in the range...

Does it cause any excess wear/tear or even damage to the car??? i.e. how safe are they??

5 Door manual SD4 Dynamic, Mauritius Blue, Contrast Black Pano' Roof, Style 6, Black interior, Ebony Head liner, Dynamic Tech' Pack, Surround cameras, and Adaptive Dynamics. Cool
(Collected 5 of July 2012)
11-05-2012 11:05am
QUEEVO

Evoque Tuning/Remap/Chip

Well that's the catch really... And I guess why we are trying to find some solid options...

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
11-05-2012 12:00pm
smayo

The companys that do this, both remaps and tuning boxes say not, but they would.
They argue that the manufacturers (LR) effectively detune to a spec that is good for all markets, and that they are just releasing the potential the engines have within their tolerances.
I would tend to belive this when going from the TD4 power to the SD4 power, and even going an amount over the SD4.
How much extra power can be gained without putting undue strain/wear and tear on the engine? I don't know that, but unlikely to be an issue in the short/medium term so it depends on how long you keep your car for.

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2012 12:26pm by smayo.)
11-05-2012 12:25pm
QUEEVO

(10-05-2012 12:49pm)QUEEVO Wrote:  Also found this Melbourne based firm offering "re-mapping"...
http://www.landroverservicemelbourne.com...nce-tuning

I might check them out for RRE options...

UPDATE:
These guys not touching the Evoque yet - they plan to do so in the future...

regards,
Queevo
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
13-06-2012 02:33am
headturner

i simply dont understand why the urge to get it tuned up for that additional kick..i mean the car is fairly quick for a turbo and you cant expect much from a 2l so why not just enjoy the ride as it was meant to be....then once the tunning is done these are the same people who would complain about petrol consumption

Shocked santorini black|metallic paint|pana roof|19" style 5|tech pack|clear view|reverse camera & parking aid|tints|protection|Wink loving the DRIVE
13-06-2012 05:32am
QUEEVO

Evoque Tuning/Remap/Chip

FYI - I have done this chip install with great results, reduced lag, more power when needed and smoother drive. Also lowering the average fuel consumption...

Will start a new thread on fuel but was at 9.9L/100km and now reading 9.5L/100km.

regards,
Queevo
03-12-2012 11:39am