Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque Technical Seminars - Park Assist
Blackseries

Evoque Technical Seminars - Park Assist

Range Rover Evoque Technical Seminars - Park Assist

Plus we get to see a RHD car and a Silver 5 Door with black roof

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
01-04-2011 01:44pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Evoque Technical Seminars - Park Assist

I think that one is Ipanema and Black rather than Indus. Good find though, anymore interesting videos?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2011 01:56pm by XFullFatTim.)
01-04-2011 01:55pm
vision*R

Grrrreat, I'm happy to have ticked that box. My only concern is the delay / having to wait between all the steps: space found / drive forward / stop / select reverse / back up / select drive / drive... I suppose it takes quite some practice to fluidly use the system without other cars getting too nervous behind you.
01-04-2011 02:07pm
Blackseries

(01-04-2011 01:55pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  I think that one is Ipanema and Black rather than Indus. Good find though, anymore interesting videos?

I wasn't too sure about the colour - the car itself is a mix of Dynamic & Prestige.

Re Videos .... I think these will be drip fed over the next couple of weeks to get us to tick that LUX box......
(01-04-2011 02:07pm)vision*R Wrote:  without other cars getting too nervous behind you.

I think I would be nervous too the first couple of times .... letting some programming & sensors park my pride and joy!

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2011 02:19pm by Blackseries.)
01-04-2011 02:16pm
cjfp

Looks great, but do I want to spend another £460 on something I can do myself?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
01-04-2011 02:32pm
vision*R

It's all about comfort (and a gadget or two). I can switch on the lights myself as well, or open the boot manually, or pull a lever to get the seat up instead of pushing a button...
I'm guessing in five years it will be standard equipment on all cars. So it might be a plus when selling the Evoque.

The camera resolution looks great by the way.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2011 02:58pm by vision*R.)
01-04-2011 02:56pm
Blackseries

(01-04-2011 02:56pm)vision*R Wrote:  The camera resolution looks great by the way.

When in "Trailer Assist" mode when you get within 30cm or so of an object (wall, tow ball etc) the view on the screen automatically zooms in - wonderful - now that's a great gadget.

01-04-2011 03:10pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

But it only needs one PDC sensor head to get water in it or roadsalt on the heads in the winter and you have lost the system. My last RRS had the wonderful Adapative Cruise Control, problem was on a long drive in the winter with a few snow flakes falling it would throw up a warning "detector head obstructed - acc off" and then you had no cruise at all, not even old fashioned speed hold and that really was a pain when you had a 500 mile motorway drive ahead.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
01-04-2011 04:00pm
Kermit

(01-04-2011 01:55pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  Good find

Second that.
(01-04-2011 02:16pm)Blackseries Wrote:  the car itself is a mix of Dynamic & Prestige.

Based on the Global Brochure it is a Pure (darkish grill and front wing vents, style 3 19" five spoke wheels), though it has the larger (8") lcd screen. The colour looks like Indus in the first couple of exterior shots, but in the last shot it appears more like Ipanema when behind the silver BMW..
(01-04-2011 02:32pm)cjfp Wrote:  Looks great, but do I want to spend another £460 on something I can do myself?

It's is always a judgement call of what value a gadget brings. My parents have a fully loaded Q5; the electric tailgate is a benefit for them (older age bracket) but I wouldn't pay for it at my current age. I'm not sure about Park Assist - it will depend on how good/bad the rear vision is - but I'm sure She Who Must Be Obeyed will tick the 'must have' box.
(01-04-2011 02:56pm)vision*R Wrote:  The camera resolution looks great by the way.

It looks like the 8" screen is the same as the XF's, which is great.
(01-04-2011 03:10pm)Blackseries Wrote:  When in "Trailer Assist" mode when you get within 30cm or so of an object (wall, tow ball etc) the view on the screen automatically zooms in - wonderful - now that's a great gadget.

It should enable you to hitch a trailer with the aid of an external spotter.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2011 04:53am by Kermit.)
04-04-2011 04:37am