any ideas?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZxefYDXBUM

thank you.
12-12-2016 01:36am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benzina

RE: Evoque Squeak

brake pads touching disc?

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
12-12-2016 02:07am
evoqoueHSE

(12-12-2016 02:07am)benzina Wrote:  brake pads touching disc?

breaks do squeak when pressed, been back to LR 3x times now Sad
12-12-2016 02:09am
benzina

LR need to fix it once and for all if that is the case. Pads touching disc's is not exactly rocket science especially if its evident while in there hands.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
12-12-2016 05:49am
Sarcastrix

Sounds exactly the same as mine, but the noise stops when I touch the brake pedal. Was told I needed the discs skimming but as there's only 2mm of useable metal (11mm - 9mm) that's not a good solution. I ended up buying new discs & pads on Amazon - still need to get them fitted, but as there's plenty of meat left on the current pads & discs i'm not too concerned.

Drives me mental at the national speed limit.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
12-12-2016 09:14am
window

I have a similar intermittent problem. In the morning I reverse out of my garage up a slight incline and I get a rubbing/squeaking sound. If I gently apply the brakes the sound gets more raspy. It sounds to be the rear brakes. I don't hear the sound again for the rest of the day. The vehicle has been in once . The service sheet says "Inspect rear brakes binding first thing in the morning. Strip rear brakes to inspect. Clean and deglaze rear brake pads." I assume they did complete these actions - but I still get the same rubbing/squeaking sound. Vehicle going in again this week.
I wonder what deglaze means? Does it mean grinding off the pads thus reducing their life?

Evoque HSE Dynamic Firenze Red
12-12-2016 09:34am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Also ask them to check the parking brake isn't sticking on slightly as that can also bind a bit.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-12-2016 10:56am