Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
Evoque Speccing
attribute

RE: Evoque Speccing

(08-02-2012 10:37am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Attribute, out of interest why did you chose to go for an Evoque rather than another Freelander2?

Good question...! Lots of reasons really though. Went for a long test drive and thought that it's the best car I've driven with a fantastic combination of handling and performance combined with a nice high driving position, and off-road capability when needed. Couple that with the awesome styling, hi standard spec and interior, and it's no suprise the car is winning awards.

The freelander whilst being superb, just doesn't have the wow factor the Evoque has for me now but saying that, if the Evoque wasn't around, I'd probably have another Freelander...
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2012 04:53pm by attribute.)
08-02-2012 01:15pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dai B

Hi All,

Been reading this forum for quite a few months now, but will hopefully place an order pre-Easter. Looking for delivery at the back end of this year (to suit my circumstances), but torn whether to go for a loaded Pure or a lightly specced Dynamic. It is really a case of whether to go with the head or the heart.

The Pure that I'm currently speccing is:

SD4 Manual
Tech pack
Firenze red
Almond interior
Black contrast roof
Privacy glass
Panoramic roof
Xenons
Front fogs
Style 4 alloys

If I go for a Dynamic, same colour, roof and windows but possibly shadow chrome alloys. The Pure whilst an eye watering £35k will still be c£4k cheaper than the dynamic. Is anyone else having a similar dilemma? I think the Dynamic looks fantastic, but is it worth the extra?

Be great to hear your views.

Cheers,

Dave
14-02-2012 03:23pm
Cedric

(14-02-2012 03:23pm)Dai B Wrote:  If I go for a Dynamic, same colour, roof and windows but possibly shadow chrome alloys. The Pure whilst an eye watering £35k will still be c£4k cheaper than the dynamic. Is anyone else having a similar dilemma? I think the Dynamic looks fantastic, but is it worth the extra?

Be great to hear your views.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave,

What is worse, spending 35k on a car that you nearly like or 39k on one that you really like? I know, the choices aren't easy, good luck!
14-02-2012 04:06pm
Kimv

(14-02-2012 04:06pm)Cedric Wrote:  Hi Dave,

What is worse, spending 35k on a car that you nearly like or 39k on one that you really like? I know, the choices aren't easy, good luck!

I couldn't agree more with Cedric's comment. I was in the same dilemma. I went also from ordering a beefed up Pure (no offense to people who prefer the Pure) to ordering a Dynamic and ending up at more than 10k above my initial budget. 35k is a lot for a car that is your second choice.. And you only live once!

Right now I'm still in a dilemma between the manual or auto... First there is of course the difference in price, mpg and tax but if I knew that I'd be really satisfied with the auto, I'd have no problem with the financial consequences. But I never had an auto.. I drove an auto Evoque for about 10mins which is all you get as a test drive here in France. I liked it but it's too short to make a sound decision. I drove a manual for about an hour in Belgium but it was the first time I drove an Evoque and I was maybe overwhelmed by the rest of the car and didn't pay enough attention to the gearbox... So if someone can persuade me to go for one or the other, please do so.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
(This post was last modified: 14-02-2012 08:59pm by Kimv.)
14-02-2012 08:31pm
Dai B

I briefly considered an auto, principally because I quite fancy the flappy paddles. However, in the end I would rather put my money into a better overall spec. Also I am sick of the 26 mpg I average in my Audi A6 avant and I fear the auto wouldn't be much better.

Some good views on what to go for. I haven't got a good history of keeping cars for long, so maybe I need to spend the cash on something I truly want and try and keep for a good few years (current max is exactly 3 years and I've had 14 cars to date!).

BTW I notice that you've got an Orkney Grey Dynamic ordered. My local dealer (Stockport) has got an OG with Pursuit interior and shadow chrome alloys, and I must say it is absolutely stunning, and could be very tempted to change from red.
14-02-2012 10:00pm
rhysadams

My 8 year old picked my Spec...

Range Rover Evoque SD4 Auto

Lux Pack
Firenze Red with Black Contrast Roof
Premium Mats
Privacy Glass
Style 6 Alloys, but will be powered painted Black.

The only other options that he wanted was the Rear Entertainment System.

Was very tempted to go for the Si4, I am a petrol head am will be going from an Audi S4 to this, but the Diesel felt very pokey!

Arrived!!!: Range Rover Evoque SD4 Auto Dynamic Lux plus Privacy Glass and Premium Mats. Firenze Red, Black Roof and Style 6 Alloys, Dealer painted Black! DELIVERED: 14th September 2012 by Farnells Bradford.
09-06-2012 06:45pm
BrilliantEvoque

Here's my specifications:

Pure SD4 Manual in Barolo Black
Adaptive Xenons
Powerfolding Mirrors
Fixed Panoramic Roof
Front Fog Lamps
Park Assist
Front Parking Aid
Privacy Glass
Rear View Camera
Spare Wheel
11-06-2012 02:13pm
Evo-king

Good to see a few more Barolo's coming through, super colour.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
11-06-2012 08:19pm
Samson

My first post to this forum. Haven't ordered yet... deliberating on the colour combination and some options. Know and have seen the thread on colour options but haven't come across one with pictures of contrast roofs with various colours.

Was thinking of ordering a Prestige in Barola Black or Havana with either Indus silver or Fuji white panoramic contrast roof. Any pictures of these with Barola Black or Havana would be useful as not sure on this.

Also when I spoke to the dealer he advised against the solar attenuating glass as it would interfere with mobile signals? Any one got this and experienced any problems? Appreciate it might be a strange option to go for given I am based in the UK!

The dealer also advised agains high beam assist - his view as he had heard from others was that the driver would respond quicker to the on coming car than the "high beam assist". Any views on this?

Finally, anyone ordered the adaptive dynamics with the Prestige? Personally I liked the dynamic mode when test driving the Dynamic, but prefer the Prestige interior/19" wheels.

Hope to place an order this weekend.

Arrived: Prestige SD4 Auto 5-Door, Barolo Black, Couture Interior, Style 5 Wheels, Lux Pack, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Cornering Headlights w/ Auto Levelling, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare Wheel, TPM System, Mud Flaps
18-07-2012 09:32pm
R22Flyer

Just ordered and paid the deposit 31/7/12 - been told delivery to the dealer on 25/10 !! so LR waiting list is getting smaller,

I cant decide on having a spare wheel or not, in my last 3 cars i have not touched the spare, any one had to use the glue stuff, does it knacker the wheel, any thoughts !! ?

Ordered July 2012- Evoque SD4 5 door Prestige auto, Mauritius Blue, Ambience, LUX Pack, Black Contrast Roof, Pana Roof, Privacy Glass, Heated Wheel, Adaptive Xenons, Black Roof Rails, Removable Tow Bar

Ordered June 2012- Evoque SD4 5 door Prestige auto, Mauritius Blue, Ambience, LUX Pack, Black Contrast Roof, Pana Roof, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Adaptive Xenons, Black Roof Rails - Picked up 23rd Oct 2012 Smile
09-08-2012 09:22am