Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque Safety
Robbo

Evoque Safety

Does anyone have any info on safety ratings for the Evoque. I have searched the internet and gone onto NCAP's website but I cannot find anywhere safety trials carried out on the Evoque.
Now this is interesting because if this is the case 18,000 have been sold so far that is with members of the public not driving it and it would seem with no knowledge of how the Evoque performs in an accident.
Does this mean that thousands have absolute trust in Land Rover or are they seduced by the shape and the image. I would like to know others thoughts on the subject and also are there safety ratings out there and I have just missed them.
12-07-2011 08:18am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
evoqueboy

RE: Evoque Safety

If it was dangerous, it would not be in production!
12-07-2011 09:42am
Robbo

(12-07-2011 09:42am)evoqueboy Wrote:  If it was dangerous, it would not be in production!

Try telling that to the Challenger Shuttle crew!
12-07-2011 09:47am
ant

It has European Certificates of Conformity, so I'm pretty certain all the crash tests have been done. It is the lightest Range Rover ever, but I'm sure that LR would not be selling a dangerous vehicle.
It almost certainly has US CoC also.
Ant

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
12-07-2011 04:56pm
Robbo

(12-07-2011 04:56pm)ant Wrote:  It has European Certificates of Conformity, so I'm pretty certain all the crash tests have been done. It is the lightest Range Rover ever, but I'm sure that LR would not be selling a dangerous vehicle.
It almost certainly has US CoC also.
Ant

There is no implication that the Evoque is Dangerous. I am a big fan and intend to purchase one. I am just curious it has not yet been NCAP tested or results released to the public. The Kia Sportage was NCAP tested and the 5 star results released before it went on sale. It would be nice to see the results if any for the Evoque.
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2011 05:41pm by Robbo.)
12-07-2011 05:37pm
doug

Safety and reliability
The Evoque hasn’t been officially crash-tested by Euro NCAP, but we’d expect a maximum five-star rating. With four-wheel drive on nearly all models, plus Adaptive Dampers and strong brakes, the Evoque is a very safe car indeed. As a marque, Land Rover's reliability hasn’t been too impressive over the years when compared to rival 4x4 manufacturers. However, recent models are bucking this trend with very good reliability, so we are hoping for good things from the Evoque.

Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/...z1RyZGTALK
13-07-2011 10:27am