Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque SVR or XL - Any updates?
BA74

Evoque SVR or XL - Any updates?

Is there any updates on an Evoque SVR or Evoque XL?

I sold my Evoque as I just wasn't happy with the engine, but loved it... Would come back if it had a V6.

I've read a couple of articles but nothing for ages...

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
05-02-2016 08:31am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: Evoque SVR or XL - Any updates?

You might want to have look at the F-Pace then.

If what we have been told is correct, the engine bay is too small/cramped to accommodate the JLR V6, also if LR introduce the rumoured XL it is only the length of the vehicle that will vary.

There are many of us who had hoped a bigger engine could be installed.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
07-02-2016 09:43pm
BA74

(07-02-2016 09:43pm)Evo-king Wrote:  You might want to have look at the F-Pace then.

If what we have been told is correct, the engine bay is too small/cramped to accommodate the JLR V6, also if LR introduce the rumoured XL it is only the length of the vehicle that will vary.

There are many of us who had hoped a bigger engine could be installed.

I'm not old enough for a Jag yet!

I though the Evoque XL was actually going to use the F Pace chassis?

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2016 10:40am by BA74.)
08-02-2016 10:38am
Pete

I don't really see the point of the Evoque XL. Surely if you want a larger Evoque, you'd buy a Disco Sport?

Porsche Macan
08-02-2016 11:58am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Problem is DiscoSport isn't plastered with enough highly desireable Range Rover badges for many people for whom these things matter. Discovery Sport is considered to be a "Utility" Land Rover, a Range Rover is a Luxury Land Rover....................

Regarding the agist comment above, part of the reason for the F Pace is to get over that image of "pipe and tartan slippers with velcro fasteners" image 99% of people associate Jaguar with. Of course those people forget about the wild and wonderful F Types which no "pipe and slippers" man would be seen dead in! Also the extremely successful XE too has appealed to way more "executive" saloon owners than either Audi or BMW think is good for their business as reps are moving out of those cars and into a very prestigious Jaguar XE, which alos has the V6 engines and now AWD

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2016 08:36pm by XFullFatTim.)
08-02-2016 08:30pm
mark_n

First, ignore diesels, they are never going to provide the performance required. Lots of torque is fine until you run out of revs.

For a V6 SUV, look at the Porsche Macan and see how much longer the bonnet is than an Evoque's. They wouldn't make it that long if it didn't need to be so.

So, it boils down the what can be done with the 2 litre 4 cylinder engine. Ford, with their latest Focus ST and VW with their Golf R achieve close to 300 bhp with just such an engine. Turbocharged with decent boost pressure. An Evoque with such an engine would improve performance but since the performance only comes in the higher rev ranges, it's not clear to me how well that would suit an Evoque's driving style.

JLR do not (yet) make their own 2 litre petrol engines and because they have to buy in from Ford, they are permanently trying to catch up because Ford will only sell them their old iron and then only at a big markup. Roll on the day JLR can make their own high performance petrol engine.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
08-02-2016 11:19pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Who makes the Jaguar V6 S/C? I thought it was an inhouse Jaguar engine? Maybe Jaguar played its cards right by giving the F Pace the 2 x V6 petrol engines knowing that there would be a market from disgruntled Evoque owners disappointed that the V6 petrol engines won't fit under the Evoque's bonnet......... Must say though the 3.0lt SDv6 in my Sport is a lovely engine and it doesn't need to be revved hard to get it to silly speeds, it goes to them with too much ease for such a heavy car especially with Sport and Dynamic modes selected, but I rarely find that I need the Sport mode as plain D has plenty of punch. BUT I wouldn't say no to a 5lt V8 S/C's get up and go!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
10-02-2016 01:09am