Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Evoque SD4 first days impressions.....
Moz

RE: Evoque SD4 first days impressions.....

Electric tailgate failed today - bugger Sad
18-09-2011 02:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Moz, which bit? When I loaded my boot up the tailgate motor refused to close it fully and kept reopening it. There appears to be a sensor (on the parcel shelf aniti-rattle wedges I suspect) that detects if you are going to damage the shelf and will not initiate the soft close. I had to take out a briefcase to get the tailgate to fully close. Or has the motor just given up?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
18-09-2011 02:58pm
ant

(16-09-2011 09:55pm)cjfp Wrote:  @ant - they've now run out of evoque 'shadows' so if u've upgraded the door mirrors then u r focked.

red paint, pan roof, Lux packs, Xenons, rear camera, Evoque "shadows", failing tailgates .... what next.ShockedShocked I'll be amazed (and delighted) if my car arrives complete!!!
ANTConfused

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
18-09-2011 03:16pm
Moz

tailgate now working again.....think it was because I rammed too much in there and forced the thing
18-09-2011 04:38pm
XFullFatTim

Thumbs UpThumbs Up Yep it is very easy to do with the Evoque!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
18-09-2011 04:42pm
cjfp

@XFFT - I believe there has been comment on here somewhere that you can't open the elec tailgate from inside? Am I correct or am I going mad? However, my point being is that the car I drove at Southampton Boatshow today (which, I believe, are still pre-production models due to some apparent pick'n'mix pieces) had an internal button showing an open boot. When I pressed it, behold the boot opened. I then pressed it again ....... and the boot remained open. It appears that I could open the elec boot from the inside but that I had to get out to close it again. Can you confirm this (or make me look like a right idiot. No comment necessary from you Charlie!)

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
18-09-2011 05:15pm
XFullFatTim

yes CJ, you are right on both counts - switch on the same panel as the rheostat for adjusting the dash lighting opens the tail from the inside and only 2 ways to close the boot - press the button on the bottom lip of the tailgate (there is also a rubbery button above the number plate to open the tailgate) or push the tailgate firmly down the old fashioned way which will also work. If you have the electric tailgate there is also a 4th way to open it - there is a button dedicated to the tailgate release on the transponder fob for the keyless entry.

(This post was last modified: 18-09-2011 05:32pm by XFullFatTim.)
18-09-2011 05:22pm
cjfp

(18-09-2011 05:22pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  There is a tailgate release button on a small panel by the driver's right knee, same panel as the rheostat for the dash lighting,

And is it supposed to be just 'release' as opposed to second click to close (which would be handy but I don't care as I don't have elec boot)

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
18-09-2011 05:23pm
XFullFatTim

It is only a release button - another item for the 2013MY upgrades?? I wonder if there are safety reason why you cannot close the tailgate without being at it - things like shutting a dog's tail into seal if you carry a dog in the boot space? Also if you had specced the social seat you wouldn't want for example a child playing inside the car to press the button and drop the tailgate on your head as you drank your champers at the races or Glyndebourne

(This post was last modified: 18-09-2011 05:56pm by XFullFatTim.)
18-09-2011 05:54pm
cjfp

@XFFT - Ironically, I did close the boot on my Uncle's head today and the safety feature cut in and stop it going any further, so I wouldn't worry too much about the last bit in your post about chopping off a kids head and getting blood on the carpet!

18-09-2011 06:02pm