Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Evoque SD4 Air Intake System - A Power Robber!
Jai

Evoque SD4 Air Intake System - A Power Robber!

I sold it
20-06-2013 02:34pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mstraka

RE: Evoque SD4 Air Intake System - A Power Robber!

I believe the cheapest horsepower on this turbo motor would be through cold air induction but theres no K&N kit for the Evoque other than stock air filter replacement which is minimal if any gain. Also K&N induction kits breath the hot engine air, not the cold air as we have in the stock set-up. As described in these posts the air snorkel is twisted as it travels in the tight engine space and this must rob air flow. My left hand drive U.S. gasoline Evoque intake pipe picks up still air from the driver's inner fender opening. The plastic fog light brezel could possibly be a source of more cold fresh air for the air snorkel as it is a panel in front of the inner fender. Drilling holes through the bezel aligned to the honeycomb pattern could then with some simple shade tree engineering open up more cold fresh air to the air box breathing through the inner fender, especially at high speed. Alternately keeping the bezel's plastic frame for the snap connectors and replacing the rest of it with a breathing real metal honeycomb grille would look good. FYI a Mercedes 2.0 liter 4 cylinder motor in AMG tune makes over 300 hp.
27-10-2013 02:48pm
x-isle

RE: Evoque SD4 Air Intake System - A Power Robber!

To put an new induction system would mean taking apart one good thing about the Evoque and all Land Rovers in general that make these machines better than most other 4x4s.

It's well designed air intake system. Play around with that and you loose it's wading capability.

What really strikes me as odd is people who want to turn the Evoque into something it isn't. If you want more power, speed and noise I think you've bought the wrong car in the first place. Even if you do manage to get a louder intake, it's a 4 cylinder, hardly going to be a song you want to listen to anyway.

Of course, you could just wait for the Evoque RS that is currently being tested.

Craig Rogers

61 Orkney Grey (Black Pano Roof) Coupe Dynamic (Lux Pack)
07 Java Black Puma Defender 110 XS Station Wagon
(This post was last modified: 28-10-2013 07:38am by x-isle.)
28-10-2013 07:35am