Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque Pure Models
chiggy

Evoque Pure Models

Hello everyone!

I'm seriously contemplating putting in an order this week/next week relating to a Range Rover Evoque - Pure Model. I have a few points/questions/concerns:

1. Well we know the price of imported cars in Australia is through the roof - had countless arguments about it and quite tired of it - yet can't do anything about it and won't dwell on it. But my point is that, the prestige and dynamic models are quite expensive, so I'm settling for the pure model.

2. I've been told Barolo Black and Havana Black are not available on any of the models, however, apparently they are available in the UK. How does this work? I thought they all came off the same production line.

3. I've just been told that on a Pure model - you can't get contrast roof. So if I want a Firenze Red car with a black panoramic roof - I can't get it - its not available. I've seen pictures of pure models with contrast roofs. So why does Australia not offer it?

And if they don't offer it why is it still configurable on the website?

Please provide comments because I have waited for this car for years. However given that I can't afford a Dynamic or Prestige - simple options like contrasted roof I cannot get, and for no apparent reason because I've seen it on Pure models around the rest of the world. see the links below:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6200/6123...4381_z.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6186/6123...dd1f_z.jpg

So it seems that the only way for me to put a contrast roof on - $1k option I assume, is to spend an extra $15k to get a Prestige so that I can put on the $1k option.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
(This post was last modified: 14-10-2011 02:50am by chiggy.)
14-10-2011 02:49am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barneyridge

RE: Evoque Pure Models

HI Mate,

I have ordered a Pure. Like you said, the Prestige was going to be another $12,500 plus extra LCT. I optioned my Pure to included all the things I wanted from the Prestige. There are some things like the Atlas finish and chrome which I would prefer but it was not worth an extra $12,500.

I went for the Fiji white. Not sure about the black on a Pure, I think the style gets a little lost. On the Prestige or Dynamic I think the black looks better.

Can't comment on the supply of the black, but remember our Evoque's are a different spec to the UK version. We get some things the UK and Europe don't. So whilst they come off the same productions line , they obviously do a batch for the specific market. Don't understand why they cant offer the full color choice though.

I think there was a thread about the contrast roof on the Pure as well as the (dare I say it) Xenon debate. I think given the initial demand and the production problems, LR have decided to tighten up the choice. That does not help you, but the different combinations and options must be a logistical nightmare for a production line.

I did not want a contrasting roof, but in some respects I did get one, because I have ordered the Pan Roof on a Fiji white and this adds a bit of a contrast.

I would suggest maybe considering a few other options on a Pure and forget the contrasting roof if the budget does not stretch.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
14-10-2011 03:41am
chiggy

Well.

Here's some news... Not sure if it may actually bother anyone but I'm quite excited about it:

The contrast roof on pure models are available on all cars being built after November 2011. So from December 2011 onwards, whoever has build slots in december onwards - has the option of putting a contrast roof on a pure model. Cost is $955.

My Firenze Red has been modified for sure!! Already signed the modified order etc! Bring it on LR!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
08-11-2011 02:53am
Barneyridge

(08-11-2011 02:53am)chiggy Wrote:  Well.

Here's some news... Not sure if it may actually bother anyone but I'm quite excited about it:

The contrast roof on pure models are available on all cars being built after November 2011. So from December 2011 onwards, whoever has build slots in december onwards - has the option of putting a contrast roof on a pure model. Cost is $955.

My Firenze Red has been modified for sure!! Already signed the modified order etc! Bring it on LR!

Good stuff Very Happy Did the dealer say this would delay the order at all.

08-11-2011 03:17am
chiggy

Nope.

My car was still in holding pool so hasn't got a confirmed build date as of yet. He just modified the order and hasn't had any issues surrounding it.

He did mention before any of this... that my order has been delayed by a month so estimated to arrive in March instead of Feb. Don't really care! Just hope it doesn't come in July or something!

08-11-2011 04:48am
benzina

Might be worth checking to see if it is indeed Sumatra Black for our contrast roofs. Cause although it says it in our order spec sheet,and the Australian website, everywhere else in the world,they are getting Narvik Black,which is a solid black.
I'm hoping we get the Sumatra,cause it's metallic,but if you look at that demo Fuji white Si4 Coupe down at Barbagello's,it's got the Narvik,so yet another sign we may get Narvik like everyone else.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2011 05:45am by benzina.)
08-11-2011 05:44am
chiggy

hmmmm.

Either way i'm quite happy to get a contrast roof. I think all dealers are getting mixed news... I went to Southern Land Rover yesterday and they said it was available from November 2011 onwards. Went to Barbagallo and they had no idea if it was available or not.

Either way.. I've asked for a black.

08-11-2011 06:06am
benzina

Good choice!, I've gone for the black contrast as well, and will be more then happy with Narvik if thats what we end up getting.
Say! what were the models and colours on display out at Southern Land Rover?

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
08-11-2011 07:20am
chiggy

Southern Land Rover had:

1. Ipanema Sand 5dr Pure SD4 with Almond Leather - inside the showroom
2. Sumatra Black 4dr Pure(or Prestige) - Black leather - SD4 - Demo
3. Fuji White Dynamic Coupe - Si4 - Demo - Had the Dynamic Plus Seats (Very comfortable surprisingly).

None of them had a pano roof.

Also apparently Perth hasn't received any TD4's (demos). Meant to be coming in the next few weeks.

08-11-2011 07:29am
Barneyridge

(08-11-2011 07:29am)chiggy Wrote:  Southern Land Rover had:

1. Ipanema Sand 5dr Pure SD4 with Almond Leather - inside the showroom
2. Sumatra Black 4dr Pure(or Prestige) - Black leather - SD4 - Demo
3. Fuji White Dynamic Coupe - Si4 - Demo - Had the Dynamic Plus Seats (Very comfortable surprisingly).

None of them had a pano roof.

Also apparently Perth hasn't received any TD4's (demos). Meant to be coming in the next few weeks.

My dealer did not have any TD4 demos or any with a pano roof either.

08-11-2011 10:53am