Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Evoque Plug-In Hybrid
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Evoque Plug-In Hybrid

Today’s Autocar has all the details of Evoque and DSport PHEVS including 41 miles pure electric mode and improved OffRoad capability over the pure ICE vehicles. You can order one now but builds start in November but there hasn’t yet been an update to include the PHEV on the configurator

[Image: CF012E00-8480-4AAD-BEB6-44C3007F81BE.png]

[Image: 24E0C568-1C79-4F59-B029-FF78B03B1E68.png]

*** Now the Configurator is live on the UK website the WLTP range in pure electric mode is given by JLR as 38 miles, not 41 as in the Autocar item, it is also a very expensive small PHEV.........***

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 22-04-2020 02:30pm by XFullFatTim.)
22-04-2020 06:33am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stadt Panzer

At last, took them long enough, although it won't be out until September.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
22-04-2020 04:17pm
XFullFatTim

September if Halewood has re-opened by then............. Solihull, Nitra and Wolverhampton factories will re-open 1st week of May but no news of Halewood or the Jaguar plants re-opening yet.
Issue for me is do I replace the Countryman PHEV in 2021 with an expensive (very expensive once you add the missing essentials) Evoque PHEV, wait to 2022 for the New Defender PHEV or buy the significantly cheaper Tesla 3 or Tesla Y AWD or an even cheaper Kona-E or e-Niro.......... A New Defender would allow me to reduce to a single car and still good off-roading buying any of the options would mean retaining a 2nd car for longer drives in some comfort...... For sure JLR products these days are extremely expensive new and not worth much used at trade-in time because of their fearsome reputation for high repair costs and poor reliability. I 2 years my Countryman has cost ZERO in servicing and hasn’t had to go into the dealers for any warranty work other than two safety recalls in its two year life so far and that is something JLR doesn’t even seem to be trying to achieve at the moment I am sad to say after almost 30 years vhf owning nothing but LR cars, as a company they just seem to accept that they have lots of warranty repairs to fix up to the car’s 3rd birthday, often for the most stupid reasons that detract from owning such expensive cars.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 24-04-2020 09:57am by XFullFatTim.)
24-04-2020 09:47am
XFullFatTim

Well how quickly desperate for business dealers can move when there might be some money to be spent.......

I took a test drive in the Drug Baron / Gangsta spec Defender 110 SE with black everything on Wednesday - this one - the only incongruous thing on it was everything was black except the headliner which is by default is brilliant white, should default to black for a black car........ LR take note!
[Image: 42A75CAB-B531-4265-8665-F89FFD28EFBA.jpeg]
[Image: B7D30A97-5C05-4C6A-874F-2A5A009DCA61.jpeg]

After a short drive in the lowest powered D200 I was quite impressed - best built Land Rover I’ve driven for a few years. However one issue - the D200 is only just adequate to get such a heavy vehicle moving, I’m sure a Kia Picanto driven by a Grannie would burn it off in the traffic light GP. Once up and running it’s fine, no GT but very smooth and notably quiet.
Returned to the dealership and said to the salesman that I would prefer to wait for the 90 to come to market......
On the drive home discussed the 110 with my sister who came with me on the test drive........... Thursday morning email dealer to give a price for one of the First Edition cars they have in the group stock. I wanted Factory Options of e-Diff, tow pack and secure-pro and Gondwana Stone with black interior and head lining........They have a selection of 1st Editions in the compounds around Scotland but only Silver or Pangea Green, no Gondwana. Next the only car with an e-diff is Silver, Ebony interior and white headliner but no Secure-Pro........ they have one Pangea Green with Acorn interior, white headliner and tow pack, secure-pro and also the tow assist........ I think a security system should be standard these day not an option but also it’s more important with all the car thieves in the U.K. to gave security over an e-diff. I told the salesman to take the £1000 deposit I put down in Jan 2018 and reserve the car for me!
Initially delivery was for 18th but after confirming the order that came forward a week as it seems that the car is in that dealer’s compound already so I pick it up next Friday, 12th June. Mini is going to their Mini franchise.
Here’s what is coming
[Image: 548945BB-85AF-4F9B-ACB9-CDC8A39AE209.jpeg]

[Image: A10876D0-8F3F-4DC4-8387-F788AE05E8AA.jpeg]

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2020 01:56pm by XFullFatTim.)
06-06-2020 01:53pm
Bryan m

Defender looks great! LR certainly aren't doing any favours on the lease rates for our company car scheme - it is c£200pcm more than the equivalent XC40 or X1 phev - but maybe I am being heavy handed with the toys! It feels alien downgrading the 20" alloys to 18" but essential for cheap tax to make it cost in

Does anyone know the answer to a spec question - 3 dealers have given me different responses so far......

At some point on the Evoque the heated seats get a split base/backrest option - is it part of the

1. Cooled seat option
2. Massage Seat Option
3. Cooled and Massage seat option
10-06-2020 07:10pm